Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #1
aliabbasjp
Enthusiast
aliabbasjp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Unhappy Kindle DXg firmware 3.x

After taking huge pains in searching for how to update my kindle dx 2.5.8 to 3.x, i have found that there exist only one method which calls for using another host kindle 3.
i dont have access to another kindle, can someone please share the firmware for kdx 3.x.

i am a phd student and bought kdx for reading pdf docs and got disappointed by this problem of not able to takes notes \highlights.

please help me as i urgently need to read and make notes on several papers.

Regards.
aliabbasjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliabbasjp View Post
After taking huge pains in searching for how to update my kindle dx 2.5.8 to 3.x, i have found that there exist only one method which calls for using another host kindle 3.
i dont have access to another kindle, can someone please share the firmware for kdx 3.x.

i am a phd student and bought kdx for reading pdf docs and got disappointed by this problem of not able to takes notes \highlights.

please help me as i urgently need to read and make notes on several papers.

Regards.
Actually, the posts about this unofficial firmware upgrade often refer to getting your kindle firmware image from "The Bay of Pirates".
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
This would be a copyright violation. Please do not use MobileRead to make such requests.

Thank you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #4
Harry_Y
Addict
Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DX, Galaxy Tab 2
I looked into doing the upgrade but I'm holding out
for a better PDF reader solution to come along.

The "upgrade" seems to have a few issues.
Harry_Y is offline   Reply With Quote