Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-29-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
touch screen accuracy

Does anyone know if there is a way to calibrate the touch screen on the NookColor?

I find that when trying to select very small items on webpages I often get the wrong one. I'm comparing it to the accuracy of my Ipod touch and my Evo 4g where I almost never miss selecting tiny, tiny links, even ones placed closed together on these two devices.

I installed the app SketchBook (by AutoDesk), and I don't notice any mis-alignment wrt to where my finger is, so I'm not even sure that calibration will help. It could just be that the NookColor's touchscreen isn't as fine-grained as the smaller screens of the Touch and Evo 4G.

I also installed the Multitouch Visible Test app and didn't notice any oddities (though it is hard to tell since the dots they use are so large on the bigger screen).
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:05 PM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Sorry, there isn't anyway to change the sensitivity on an unrooted NC. I haven't seen any postings on this topic for a rooted NC but maybe someone will respond soon. I have observed the same issue compared to my iPhone. I've been switching to landscape orientation in those instances to make it easier to select items.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2010, 06:29 PM   #3
Prince Hal
Zealot
Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Galaxy Player 4.2; Nexus 3 (wifi only); Nook HD+ (possibly)
I have noticed the same when using OliveTree BibleReader. Some of the hyperlinks for footnotes are single letters or digits, e.g. "1", or "a". I am certain I am hitting them fair and square. I suppose a stylus may help, though it does not appear from the OP and my own experience, that accuracy is the problem - so a stylus would not help. I also wonder if a stylus might damage the screen. Might be worth a try.

Hal.
Prince Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:03 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

The non-rooted NC's standard browser is not very good. I find it very difficult to select tiny menu items even on the B&N website. Mobile version websites seem to work much better as they are designed for fat fingers!