Notices

Old 01-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
dee_can
Enthusiast
dee_can began at the beginning.

Device: kobo original, kobo touch, kobo vox, ipod touch
Kobo Vox not connecting to wifi

Hi everyone,

I got my second Vox (the first one was returned because it had no sound), and I haven't done much with it yet because the wifi isn't working properly. I can connect to wifi only once in awhile. The other times (like all day today) it won't connect eventhough the signal is excellent.

I've tried turning the wifi off and on, but when I try to connect, it makes it to 'scanning, connecting' and then it disconnects; or sometimes it makes it to 'scanning, connecting, obtaining ip address' but then disconnects. I checked 'advanced settings' while this is happening, and under IP Address it says 'unavailable'. When this happens, under Wi-Fi Networks, it also shows my network as 'Disabled'. My SSID is WPA2.

BTW, I know my IP Address is available because my laptop is connected to wifi just fine.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thank you.
dee_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Presumably you've tried rebooting your vox? Sometimes wifi just dies and rebooting the vox fixes it.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #3
dee_can
Enthusiast
dee_can began at the beginning.

Device: kobo original, kobo touch, kobo vox, ipod touch
Yes, I've tried rebooting it numerous times. Thanks for the suggestion.
dee_can is offline   Reply With Quote