Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 07-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #31
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Farman View Post
I'm hoping for a translation here??
I think JSWolf is talking about the 'meatgrinder' that Smashwords has used in the past to upload books. I think they offer the option of just uploading an already made epub now days.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #32
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Farman View Post
I'm hoping for a translation here??
JSWolf is pretty out spoken in his dislike of the automatically generated EPUBs that Smashwords creates. Smashwords calls their generator "the meat grinder" so an EPUB made by it is called "meat ground" by some. I no longer use the Smashwords generator, so my EPUBs are "handcrafted" in Sigil instead of "Meat Ground"
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2013, 03:17 AM   #33
Andy Farman
Connoisseur
Andy Farman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
My thanks.

"I am no wiser, but at least I am better informed."
Andy Farman is offline   Reply With Quote