Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-15-2010, 06:52 AM   #1
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
[Old Thread] Toolbar customize

I had sorted out all the pointless icons displayed by Calibre, I would of liked to remove them but that is apparently not possible so I replaced all the image files with a single white pixel and got something that was less aggrivating. The tool bar did not resize itself which made it look odd but that seemed the best solution.

Along came toolbar customization in preferences, upgrading Calibre reinstated all the icons but I thought with customization I would be able to remove them. Good idea but no cigar you can add or remove options which have icon and button and that is about it.

Next idea remove all the options from the toolbar, that should remove the toolbar and let me use the space for something useful. I added the preferences tool to the context menu so I could go back if needed and deleted all buttons from the toolbar, well all but one as it refuses to allow me to remove the preference button. So not a lot of use then.

I now have to re-edit all the icon images again to get the context menu and sidebar to display sensibly, and keep a copy this time ready for the next upgrade, and Io guess I'll have to live with the toolbar.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:54 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedfreak View Post
I now have to re-edit all the icon images again to get the context menu and sidebar to display sensibly, and keep a copy this time ready for the next upgrade, and Io guess I'll have to live with the toolbar.
I'm not sure what you're going on about, but calibre switched its icons from svg to png files, so if you used any custom icons (even little white dots) those icons will have to be redone.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #3
miven
miven began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedfreak View Post
I had sorted out all the pointless icons displayed by Calibre, I would of liked to remove them but that is apparently not possible so I replaced all the image files with a single white pixel and got something that was less aggrivating. The tool bar did not resize itself which made it look odd but that seemed the best solution.

Along came toolbar customization in preferences, upgrading Calibre reinstated all the icons but I thought with customization I would be able to remove them. Good idea but no cigar you can add or remove options which have icon and button and that is about it.

Next idea remove all the options from the toolbar, that should remove the toolbar and let me use the space for something useful. I added the preferences tool to the context menu so I could go back if needed and deleted all buttons from the toolbar, well all but one as it refuses to allow me to remove the preference button. So not a lot of use then.

Sounds complicated but if all else fails could give it a try. thanks
miven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:39 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by miven View Post
Sounds complicated but if all else fails could give it a try. thanks
For folks stopping in to look at this thread, please do not follow this example of necro-posting. If you have a question, instead of reopening an ancient thread, start a new thread and ask your question. This thread is almost 1.5 years old and the info in it applies to a version of calibre about 70 versions out of date.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote