Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-31-2010, 09:16 PM   #1
emalvick
Groupie
emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle 3
Fetching News and Email

I'm a newbie here and to ebooks as of yesterday. My wife and I both got the Kindle 3 and so far everything is smooth with Calibre and the device.

My wife and I have one Calibre library on one computer that we are using without issue for each Kindle. I have also ventured a bit into the news recipes and have downloaded a couple of sources.

The question I have is whether it is possible to setup a specific source to email automatically to a specific email address. i.e. can my wife and I have our own sources automatically sent to our own email address (I have each address setup in the preferences).

I see where in the setup you can have an address autosend all sources, but I could see anything for selecting only specific sources to autosend and perhaps to specific accounts. I understand I could manually send sources, but I thought I'd see if the autosend could be done this way.

Thanks for any help.

Erik
emalvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:01 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, I'm afraid not.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2010, 01:04 AM   #3
emalvick
Groupie
emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle 3
Well, thanks for the answer. It really is a fantastic program and will be fantastic way of keeping myself and my Kindle organized.

I do hope that at some-point a feature allowing a specific source to be emailed to specific email address can somehow be implemented, perhaps in the scheduling the sources dialog, but I imagine that sounds easier than it really is.

In the meantime, I'll keep manually sending the sources and I'll look into setting up the server as well to manually grab items from the Kindle itself. Although, I'll admit that automatic email would be so enticing for specific sources.
emalvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:31 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Feel free to open a ticket requesting the feature. I can't promise if/when it will be implemented, but that way it wont get lost. I do periodically review open tickets and implement a few when I have the time.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote