Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: What's the color of your Reader cover?
brown 26 41.94%
lime-green 6 9.68%
pinkish-red 9 14.52%
none, I don't want one 21 33.87%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2006, 06:31 AM   #1
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Sony Reader covers - what color do you pick?

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...ies&Dept=audio

They come in brown, bright-green and pinkish-red. Not an easy choice if you are a guy. So what color did you pick or would you pick if you ordered one now?
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:51 PM   #2
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
I Picked Pink, Hopefully it's closer to a hot pink/Fushia rather than the Red. If I don't like it, I'll probably send it back for the green.
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2006, 07:57 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I picked brown because I want to be able to carry it also at work - and pink or lime-green wouldn't look so good in my suitcase
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:21 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Where's the option for the standard Black cover that comes with it? I plan to stick with it.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:29 PM   #5
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Me too. I like the black as much as the others. Except if I remember right, the brown one was a little upscale. But I figured I would rather spend the extra bucks on a cradle than another cover!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2006, 08:31 PM   #6
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
>Where's the option for the standard Black cover that comes with it?

that would the last option

I wonder when (and if) traditional "case" companies like Bellagio, Krussel, Piel Frama, and others will make something for eReader.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:32 PM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Honestly, at the time of the order I didn't know it came with the cover. Well I knew, but I didn't know it was the same $40 cover I was adding to my cart. Oh well. Doesn't hurt to have one for replacement, right?
Old 09-26-2006, 08:35 PM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The standard one was some sort of synthetic, as nearly as I could tell. The "designer" ones are leather/suede surfaced, so they're probably worth a bit more.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:36 PM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Ah so they are something different. Good then. Feeling less sorry for myself for spending too much money today.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:37 PM   #10
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I really do think I noticed that the brown one stood out to me because it looked better quality than the others. But if you don't like "dull" colors (I do personally, but many like to spice things up), the red and green options are probably a must buy item. I can't really see a teen girl putting the black cover in her purse. She'd just have to get red or green I think!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:57 PM   #11
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
Oh, the covers are definitely marketed toward the female reader. I would pick the pink/green in a heartbeat over the brown and black.
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:55 PM   #12
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
I will go with the standard black one. If I don't like it I will come up with some sort of case myself.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 01:17 PM   #13
NatCh
Gizmologist

I plan to add large, friendly letters to the black one -- I think they wouldn't stick well to the suede.

For travel/heavy protection, I've hollowed out a book (titled "Wireless" -- how cool is that?). I tried it while we were out there, and fit it quite nicely, cover and all.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:22 PM   #14
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
Hmm, I want "fake book" cover, that looks like a book outside
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 02:44 PM   #15
NatCh
Gizmologist

Glue a dust-jacket to the cover, maybe?