Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-20-2009, 11:44 PM   #1
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Could this be our own Robertb?

I'm new to the forums, so perhaps this has already been threshed out in detail.

If not, you might enjoy this YouTube clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3gsh...eature=related

Is this you Robert?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:18 AM   #2
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
I'm pretty sure that is Robertb, I think it was confirmed in another thread a while back.
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2009, 06:28 PM   #3
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Unfortunately you found me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I'm new to the forums, so perhaps this has already been threshed out in detail.

If not, you might enjoy this YouTube clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3gsh...eature=related

Is this you Robert?
Dear GA Russell:

Yes, it is me. Now realize it was after having been in Las Vegas for another show about 6 days before this picture was taken and I looked like hell from lines of women wanting to meet me and being chased by bartenders all over town... but, yes, it is me. Be kind! I had about 4 hours of sleep and had gotten to the Expo Center at 5:30 a.m. for a press meeting.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:00 PM   #4
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Robert, who needs sleep when you're in Las Vegas?!!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:50 PM   #5
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
I like that video. you've just earned +10 respect and +5 street cred in my book.

I've pictured you as a middle aged white guy.

Instead your more like someone I might be friends with. God the internet sucks.

I wonder what people think I'm like behind the picture of AL Capone, which I only picked for this website, cause it matched the color scheme.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2009, 11:10 PM   #6
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
bartenders seem to have this thing about being paid, order the drink, pay them

order a bunch of drinks, order a bunch of drinks to attract the women, and not pay the bartenders then will chase you all over town

sometimes with a razor

robertb, pay the bartenders or don't drink, pay the bartenders or don't order drinks for the women

do your interviews sober or you say stuff like agreeing that sony only uses drm ebooks
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:14 PM   #7
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
and what's that stuff with mobiebook, mobipocket is alive and well and living in the astak
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:37 AM   #8
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDuke View Post
and what's that stuff with mobiebook, mobipocket is alive and well and living in the astak
oh yeah. totally loaded with misinformation.

I expect that when dealing with a company.

a company should always misrepresent the competition at all times.
I think that's a rule or something.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:27 AM   #9
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
Quote:
Mobipocket wasn't supported when the video was recorded.
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:11 AM   #10
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
bartenders seem to have this thing about being paid, order the drink, pay them

order a bunch of drinks, order a bunch of drinks to attract the women, and not pay the bartenders then will chase you all over town

sometimes with a razor

robertb, pay the bartenders or don't drink, pay the bartenders or don't order drinks for the women

do your interviews sober or you say stuff like agreeing that sony only uses drm ebooks
First off, your opening comments make absolutely no sense to me.

Secondly, I don't think he was drunk. I have seen 2 or 3 videos with Robert, and he talks the same way in them all. It is simply the way he talks.

It would probably be more polite to ask whether or not he'd had a nip or two that day than to simply assume that he had and commented on it. Talk about misinformation.

Last edited by griffonwing; 08-24-2009 at 11:14 AM.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:23 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
There's so much misinformation in that video that I don't even know where to begin:

"The iPod doesn't have an equaliser" (said twice). WRONG. Go to "Settings", then "EQ".

"The Sony will only read DRM-protected books". WRONG

"To put books on the Kindle, you have to send them to Amazon's servers, and back again". WRONG.

HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:04 PM   #12
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I know you as a friend and good person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
I like that video. you've just earned +10 respect and +5 street cred in my book.

I've pictured you as a middle aged white guy.

Instead your more like someone I might be friends with. God the internet sucks.

I wonder what people think I'm like behind the picture of AL Capone, which I only picked for this website, cause it matched the color scheme.
Dear Andy:

I must admit your picture of Al Capone does scare a little. I do not know why but my first reaction was "OH MY GOD, Bob, Be Careful!" Since then I have noted you are a nice person and someone I do call friend!
Old 08-24-2009, 01:10 PM   #13
Robertb

I will try that on my iPod

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
There's so much misinformation in that video that I don't even know where to begin:

"The iPod doesn't have an equaliser" (said twice). WRONG. Go to "Settings", then "EQ".

"The Sony will only read DRM-protected books". WRONG

"To put books on the Kindle, you have to send them to Amazon's servers, and back again". WRONG.

Dear Harry:

That interview was at CES almost 9 months ago. I was new and brash. Boy, have I learned.

I have had an iPod Classic for 5 years and never ever knew it had an equalizer! Thank you. I can use that. Still... I find the music tone on my EZ Reader Basic to be better than my iPod. I have the best Audio-Technica headphones with noise cancelling and switching back and forth, a bunch of the employees tried it and we all agreed.

Did I say the Kindle "only reads DRM eBooks". I meant to say the Kindle strictly limits users to one website they can buy from. Sorry for being wrong!
Old 08-24-2009, 01:19 PM   #14
Robertb

Yes, I do get tongue-tied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
First off, your opening comments make absolutely no sense to me.

Secondly, I don't think he was drunk. I have seen 2 or 3 videos with Robert, and he talks the same way in them all. It is simply the way he talks.

It would probably be more polite to ask whether or not he'd had a nip or two that day than to simply assume that he had and commented on it. Talk about misinformation.
Dear All:

There is truth here! I was not drunk (of course) but I was very, very tired and swamped at the booth. My legs were killing me. When you have to be the first person at the booth every morning and traffic is awful... you drive in early and sit around or get hit by some tailgator. Anyway, ever since I was about 14 I noticed that I sometimes DO get tongue-tied while talking. My tongue does not move quite as fast as my mind thinks. It is the way I talk. I also type slowly. But... I do get most points across.

I assure you that you find, during CES, that you walk about 14 miles a day and stand for 5 hours. That was fine when I was young.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:33 PM   #15
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
What a cutie! RobertB, you are so sweet!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote