Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-08-2015, 10:18 PM   #421
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
There is option to set it to auto import your books when you go My Shelves. Now it will also auto import your Dropbox books you are reading from device to device. It's awesome.
I don't use the shelves or anything else in Moon+, I just use it to read. For everything else it's Calibre Companion for me.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:25 PM   #422
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I don't use the shelves or anything else in Moon+, I just use it to read. For everything else it's Calibre Companion for me.
Ah okay I use the shelves. I only use CC to import large number of books. It just doesn't work for me as if I add a book another way it wont show the cover.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2015, 12:15 PM   #423
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Quote:
It sounds to me that your ES File Explorer may be corrupt. I would uninstall and reinstall. You can grab the latest from the developer's site for the Kindle Fire instead of using the App store or you can try to sideload the Google Play version but Developer version has a built in updater that needs no app store.

As for the blank boxes I am referring to see this post here that has a screenshot.
Encountered the black blank box on the fire hdx but using the sent android Moon+ 3.03. I appear to me that it only happens when I use the Moon+'s brightness control bar to lower/raise the brightness; i.e. the visual control > more options(?) > brightness. The box goes away when not touching the screen.

Haven't seen the black box on any other options I've used.

Last edited by crane3; 01-09-2015 at 12:18 PM. Reason: additional info.
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 12:23 PM   #424
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by crane3 View Post
Encountered the black blank box on the fire hdx but using the sent android Moon+ 3.03. I appear to me that it only happens when I use the Moon+'s brightness control bar to lower/raise the brightness; i.e. the visual control > more options(?) > brightness. The box goes away when not touching the screen.

Haven't seen the black box on any other options I've used.
On 3.0.3 you will see it in visual options when using paragraph spacing, changing brightness or changing font size via menu bar or swiping and search results box is still blank. Seany is aware of this. He forced the other visual options boxes white for the moment.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 04:09 AM   #425
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
There is option to set it to auto import your books when you go My Shelves. Now it will also auto import your Dropbox books you are reading from device to device. It's awesome.
It sounds awesome, it also should work wit Gdrive. my problem is that it doesn't work. I'm probably doing something wrong here, but what?
I can set Auto Import From Gdrive.
I can see the Gdrive, I can browse it. I can select a map that contains books. But nothing happens, the 'star' does not stick when I move away. How do I save this setting
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2015, 11:37 PM   #426
pmatch1104
Enthusiast
pmatch1104 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I'm new and I might have posted this in the wrong spot early so I'm reposting here.

I've been using Moon+ Pro and Calibre Companion to read fanfiction stories that I have uploaded to my Galaxy Tab4 Nook. Everything has been working great until a couple of days ago. I noticed that instead of the mini status bar at the bottom of the screen displaying the book name, every book title now displays as "Start" instead of the actual title.

A few days ago I did download an update for FanFictionDownloader 0.8.11 to my laptop and today I downloaded the latest update for Calibre. I downloaded the version of FFDownloader that required Calibre already be installed. I don't know if that messed up the way Moon+ and Calibre share the title info. I've restarted my laptop and the tablet but I still can't get Moon+ to show the title on the mini status bar. Every book I open now says, "Start" in the mini status bar.

I've tried double tapping the center of the screen while in a story to display the Settings. I selected Control Options and made sure in the Mini Status Bar section that Book Information was selected for the three "Click" areas, but still no luck. Where I used to see the book title and page count, still displays Start with the page count.

Does anyone have a solution for this? Thanks in advance!!!

*~*~*~*

Some additional information:

I just noticed that when I tap on the mini status bar to show the Book Information, under the Filename, File Size, Total Pages there is a heading called "Current chapter" and next to that is "1, Start" which I think is the problem.

Is there a way in Calibre or Calibre Companion to turn off this "current chapter" info? I'm hoping that will clear up the problem so the book title will be displayed again.

Last edited by pmatch1104; 01-25-2015 at 12:32 AM.
pmatch1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:42 AM   #427
rvn
rvn began at the beginning.

Device: A lot of them
Newb and first post in this forum, hopefully in the right topic. Hi guys, I'm having three issues with M+pro on Android. One - when reading an epub with embedded illustrations and not using the "preview with publisher formatting" option, every illustration appears twice, sometimes twice on the same page. Happens with every illustrated epub. I wouldn't mind, I would just switch to publisher formatting where it's available, but that's my second problem - is there a way to turn off the vertical scrolling of text when the publisher formatting is on? I want the pages to turn like when it's off, but it always scrolls to next page, despite vertical scrolling turned off in options. The third issue is that sometimes a new chapter opens without fitting it to screen, also only in publisher formatting option. Any ideas how to fix this?
rvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 06:15 PM   #428
Thomas_AR
Zealot
Thomas_AR began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Hello and good afternoon from Buenos Aires.
I am using the Pro and i am happy since i bought it. So here comes my little problem or better said question.
I have about 3000 books and magazines in Moon+, but after reediting /adding some Meta-Tags like description re-uploading the epub to my Android, Moon+ seas the edited file as a modified one, re-adds it to the library but did not show the added description Meta-Tag. The Meta-Tag is 100% there as i checked it on Android with a separate Tag editor.
Is there any way to re scan certain book to show the content of the added/updated Meta-Tags?
Thomas_AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 07:57 AM   #429
johnwhelan
Zealot
johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Cybook Gen 3, Google Nexus7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas_AR View Post
Hello and good afternoon from Buenos Aires.
I am using the Pro and i am happy since i bought it. So here comes my little problem or better said question.
I have about 3000 books and magazines in Moon+, but after reediting /adding some Meta-Tags like description re-uploading the epub to my Android, Moon+ seas the edited file as a modified one, re-adds it to the library but did not show the added description Meta-Tag. The Meta-Tag is 100% there as i checked it on Android with a separate Tag editor.
Is there any way to re scan certain book to show the content of the added/updated Meta-Tags?
Why not use Calibre, you can add tags etc and sort on practically anything even add a date last read field then just copy selected books on to your device.

Cheerio John
johnwhelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:46 PM   #430
Thomas_AR
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwhelan View Post
Why not use Calibre, you can add tags etc and sort on practically anything even add a date last read field then just copy selected books on to your device.

Cheerio John
I use calibre for editing. Problem is that Moon+ does not actualizes the new/edited tags when re-uploading them the my Notebook, yes Moon+ recognizes and re-imports the edited files (same file name), but does not actualizes the tags.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:55 PM   #431
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
I use calibre for editing. Problem is that Moon+ does not actualizes the new/edited tags when re-uploading them the my Notebook, yes Moon+ recognizes and re-imports the edited files (same file name), but does not actualizes the tags.
You should try Calibre Companion. I use it to organize my library on my devices and use it to open my books in Moon+. There's a demo version in the Play store you can use to try it out.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:24 PM   #432
Thomas_AR
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
You should try Calibre Companion. I use it to organize my library on my devices and use it to open my books in Moon+. There's a demo version in the Play store you can use to try it out.
Thanks, i will have a look at this.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:21 AM   #433
xHighlander
xHighlander began at the beginning.

Device: Xiaomi Redmi Note
Inconsistent text formatting

Hi guys,
I didnt read every post in this thread but i browsed through all the pages. I also spend 2+h to fix my issue before posting. Im trying to unify text formatting but with no success. You will understand after looking on attached pictures. Note that this giant text size is only temporary for testing.

First picture is with "publisher formatting"
Second one is with my formatting
Third and forth show CSS settings

Book is a .mobi file and Im using Xiaomi Redmi Note with MIUI v5.
If I am off-topc or reposting, I am sorry and please delete me.

Best regards and thanks for any help
xHighlander
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	134990   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	134991   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	134992   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	134993  
xHighlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:21 AM   #434
eischech
eischech began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7"
Quote:
When you edit metadata, Calibre knows about the changes you've made but they don't become part of the ebook file itself until you re-convert the file. So after changing or adding new metadata, use Calibre's "Convert books" tool to convert the book into the same format it already has -- that is, if it's an Epub file, convert it to Epub. That will make Calibre embed the new metadata into the file. After the conversion, Calibre will show two versions of the book -- e.g., Epub and Original_Epub. You can delete the Original_Epub version. Uploading the new Epub file to Moon+ in your device should bring the new tags over.
eischech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 04:51 PM   #435
Thomas_AR
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by eischech View Post
When you edit metadata, Calibre knows about the changes you've made but they don't become part of the ebook file itself until you re-convert the file. So after changing or adding new metadata, use Calibre's "Convert books" tool to convert the book into the same format it already has -- that is, if it's an Epub file, convert it to Epub. That will make Calibre embed the new metadata into the file. After the conversion, Calibre will show two versions of the book -- e.g., Epub and Original_Epub. You can delete the Original_Epub version. Uploading the new Epub file to Moon+ in your device should bring the new tags over.
I do that in a similar way I export the files to the a directory as epub only.
That is not the problem. The epub i export and re-upload to Moon+ has the the correct meta data. problem is that Moon+ recognizes the modded file but does not import the molded meta tags. Perhaps old and new file has the same name? Anyway not a big deal and i am checking Calibre Companion -> Moon+ in the moment