Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-31-2011, 04:35 AM   #1
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Question Hope this is allowed....

but I hope not by much.......... (Mod's pliz redirect if not in right home..)

Not ereader/booky, but 'praps someone will know - I have my great little SansaClip+ mp3, and just wondered if there's a way I can put audiobooks on it ?

I have managed to put a CD audio book on it OK via Windows Media Player, by ripping off CDs (my own, not Library I hasten to add) and burning onto the Clip, but would this work with Audio d/loads ? I do find some CDs have blockers or something on them, which makes it a real drag - 'specially as I don't want to sell/pass them on, just listen to them in another form !

[ I do know my 650 has an mp3 built-in, but haven't got round to figuring that out yet - and the Clip is so easy to carry around. ]
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:21 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Not ereader/booky, but 'praps someone will know - I have my great little SansaClip+ mp3, and just wondered if there's a way I can put audiobooks on it ?
Another Clip+ user ...there are a few of us around here. I absolutely love the device and of all the tech gadgets I own, it's my favorite. I always carry mine with me.

Anyway, I download library audiobooks on mine all the time. Download OverDrive to your PC. Then from your library's website, checkout an audiobook. After that, hit the download button. OverDrive will then pop up prompting you to download all the parts (files). After that's done, highlight the audiobook and click "Transfer" in the toolbar above. A window pops up with directions on how to place it on your MP3 player:
  • connect your Clip+ to your PC and hit "next"
  • in player drop down menu, select either internal or external memory
  • then select all parts to download
  • then hit "next"
After all parts have downloaded, hit "finish" and disconnect your Clip+ from your PC. The audiobook will be found in the Music folder. It loads like an album and each part is the equivalent of a song. I really wish the audiobooks and podcasts sub-folders were separate folders in the main menu.

That's it. Very easy.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2011, 11:34 PM   #3
Sapphire
Enthusiast
Sapphire can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sapphire can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sapphire can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sapphire can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sapphire can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sapphire can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sapphire can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sapphire can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sapphire can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sapphire can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sapphire can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Sony 505 & 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I really wish the audiobooks and podcasts sub-folders were separate folders in the main menu.
I agree. I mentioned that to a new Clip+ user earlier this week. We both listen to library audiobooks on our Clips.

A lot of helpful information is available on the Sansa Clip forum at http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=119.
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:23 AM   #4
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Smile Muchas gratias..................

Hi Tube & Sapphire - absolutely excellent, many thanks for all the great info, works a treat.

I shall of course inform my techy son, next time he's home from pretending to be a student, that I worked it all out myself !

[ He'll rumble me fairly quickly, but I'll have a few satisfying days of having worried him ! ]

And yes, aren't those Clips terrific ? The whole family have them, and love 'em. [ Aforesaid son's managed to lose 2, but keeps replacing them, says it's the only stand out gadget product - apart from the various weird things he has for doing unspeakable things to amps and guitars - he couldn't be without.]
Old 04-02-2011, 05:29 AM   #5
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
I love the Sansa Clip and have 2 of them. I bought one just for audiobooks and the other has music and audiobooks on it. I haven't listened to Overdrive books on it yet (not sure why...weird) but I listen to Audible books on it all the time. I had other mp3 players, but the Sansa became my favorite, so I gave the others away. I bought the Clip+ but the clip broke in less than a week which is weird because my first clip lasted about 2 years before it broke. So I returned it and bought another regular Clip. If the clip breaks and I can't find a replacement clip, which Sansa had stopped selling, that back is smooth, so I can just put a BodyGlove swivel clip on it. I've been using them on my mp3 players since I had my second mp3 player, the Rio Nitrus. This way, if I use the same brand, my clips for all of my devices will be interchangeable.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2011, 12:38 PM   #6
carpetmojo
Wizard

Smile Singapore....

Just realised the SansaClip + is rated for WMA, which is exactly what my PRS650 is not, which, of course, as I found out on the Forum, is why I couldn't transfer an audiobook from Singapore NLB ! So now I'm fixed for that too ! Hooray.....
I have Overdrive already.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #7
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Glad to see you have got the answer that you need, I would like to add one thing to the discussion. I would recommend that you go to anythingbutipod.com and get their advice on the matter over there. No doubt the answers that you got here are correct, I would still recommend talking to those that know MP3 players the best.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:06 PM   #8
carpetmojo
Wizard

Many thanks for all help - and, as a natural anti-i-podder, I shall certainly bookmark that site.