Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 02-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
barb2cats
Connoisseur
barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle 2, iPhone, VIZIO
Trouble with Mobipocket Reader desktop display

Some how, I have managed to change the display on my desktop Mobipocket Reader. It currently sorts by title. I no longer have the option to sort by author, which I prefer.

I have tried clicking the little display icon at the top of the screen, but it does not give me an author option --- can anyone help?

Windows XP home, if that information is helpful.

Thank you.
barb2cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:57 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I suggest selecting the "details" view (under the Display icon). You can then click on the author header or select author from the "arrange by" option under the Display icon.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 10:11 PM   #3
barb2cats
Connoisseur
barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.

Thank you for your suggestions. This is what I have done:

Details is already selected when I click on the display icon. (has a black bullet)

Clicking Arrange by gives me these choices:
ebook title (which currently has a black bullet)
file size
rating
genre
last read date
reading time
read count

I do not see an author choice.

Am I accessing the wrong icon? Or is something else wrong with what I am doing?

Thank you, Barb

Last edited by barb2cats; 02-03-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:53 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by barb2cats View Post
Details is already selected when I click on the display icon. (has a black bullet)

Clicking Arrange by gives me these choices:
ebook title (which currently has a black bullet)
file size
rating
genre
last read date
reading time
read count

I do not see an author choice.
Try right clicking on the eBook title bar at the top of the list. It should bring up a menu to select what columns are displayed. Select author.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:32 AM   #5
barb2cats
Connoisseur

Thank You!

The display now will list by author.

It still doesn't look like it originally looked, but I am so grateful to have the author sort returned to me.

Again, Thank you
Barb
Advert