Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-12-2009, 10:48 PM   #61
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
Duck:
I can see why you went away. They have no respect! All those duck jokes. Glad you don't get your feathers up. You must be a very tame duck.
Hey, Lee, duck.

[WHACK!]

No-one ever listens.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:55 PM   #62
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Ooh - what scary friends duck has.

But you can't be all bad since you have the iPod Touch. How do you like it? Just got one and am looking forward to being able to read secure PDF files on it, supposedly soon. My library has a couple of ebooks in PDF that I want, not available in mobipocket.

So where exactly is Noosa Heads in Oz?

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:38 PM   #63
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ooh - what scary friends duck has.
I'm not scary. I don't even look scary. Adrian looks scary and is scary at times. Brian Jr. looks scary, but he's licensed to drive and is mostly pretty courteous at that. The PNS are scary, but they don't look scary (they don't look like anything at all - invisible ninjas ["wooooooOOOO!" and "Arrr, me maties!"]).

Quote:
But you can't be all bad...
No, the fluff in my navel is very good. It's all dessicated, sentient vegetable matter (ever since my belly button became a Hare Krishna), providing a shelter for homeless skin-lice and hair-mites. Charity work for down-out arthropods...you've got to admire the goodness.

Quote:
...since you have the iPod Touch. How do you like it?
I do like my iPod Touch. I have Stanza on it, though I admit I almost never use it for that. Mostly I use it for other applications, like shopping lists and Evernote (storing household measurements and book lists and movie lists and music lists for future purchases) and measurement convertors and photography calculations and weather apps and sun/moon rise/set info and medicine reference and...well on it goes (I've got a couple of simple little games I like too - more "puzzle" type ones). Actually, it would be fair to say I love my iPod. It's probably my favourite device (I've even now figured out how to get my DVDs onto it, which will be nice for future air travel).

Quote:
Just got one and am looking forward to being able to read secure PDF files on it, supposedly soon. My library has a couple of ebooks in PDF that I want, not available in mobipocket.
If you subscribe to newsfeeds, try this one:

http://appshopper.com/free

It alerts you to all new, free applications (you can subscribe to paid applications too, or simply "all"). There's a hell of a lot a crap under "Free", but the occasional gem pops along, and a lot of the paid applications have their "Lite" version for free so that you can try it out.

Quote:
So where exactly is Noosa Heads in Oz?
Noosa Heads is right here:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Noosa+Heads

Of course you'll need to zoom out for an overall perspective.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 02-12-2009, 11:54 PM   #64
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
I like! Thanks for the link to the iPod apps. So how do you get DVD's on your iPod? Haven't gotten that far yet. Do love the shopping app, contacts/phone app and email, but hadn't thought of keeping house measurement things which is a great idea. I also prefer reading on my Kindle, but a couple of library books that I really want are only PDF.

So is where you are considered the "Gold Coast". I've had a number of Aussie's in my shipboard classes that are from that area. Really nice folks and fun to work with.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:53 AM   #65
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
... but hadn't thought of keeping house measurement things which is a great idea.
Evernote isn't bad, since it runs on your PC/laptop/Mac/etc. too, so you "sync" on all of them. On the iPod, you mark your "Favourites" so that it will actually sync those items offline (so you don't have to be near a wifi-accessible point). I did find it occasionally didn't work on a "Favourite" item though. Of course, you could easily just put this info in the standard "Notes" application instead. (I just have a poor memory, so if I can do things while I remember them, in front of my laptop or iMac, it's better for me).

Quote:
So is where you are considered the "Gold Coast". I've had a number of Aussie's in my shipboard classes that are from that area. Really nice folks and fun to work with.
Actually, where I am is north of that. The Gold Coast is probably 2-2.5 hours drive south. The region of coast we're in is called the Sunshine Coast (we're at the northern end of it).

Cheers,
Marc
Old 02-13-2009, 04:55 AM   #66
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Ain't the World such a small place ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:21 AM   #67
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Ain't the World such a small place ....
Yes. Sickening, isn't it? Life... Don't talk to me about life...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:10 AM   #68
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
Yes. Sickening, isn't it? Life... Don't talk to me about life...

-MJ
is that?

on the slow lane, or
on the fast lane...
Old 02-13-2009, 10:00 AM   #69
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
is that?

on the slow lane, or
on the fast lane...
I'm rapidly finding out that there's a scary number of really bad drivers whatever lane you're in
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:07 AM   #70
GeoffC

then you can add in those on the pavement (sidewalk)....
Old 02-13-2009, 12:20 PM   #71
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Evernote isn't bad, since it runs on your PC/laptop/Mac/etc. too, so you "sync" on all of them. On the iPod, you mark your "Favourites" so that it will actually sync those items offline (so you don't have to be near a wifi-accessible point). I did find it occasionally didn't work on a "Favourite" item though. Of course, you could easily just put this info in the standard "Notes" application instead. (I just have a poor memory, so if I can do things while I remember them, in front of my laptop or iMac, it's better for me).

Actually, where I am is north of that. The Gold Coast is probably 2-2.5 hours drive south. The region of coast we're in is called the Sunshine Coast (we're at the northern end of it).

Cheers,
Marc
But you don't ahve Adrian's wherabouts pinpointed and according to the latest interpretation of the treaties, you have to had that done next week, Tuesday.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:40 PM   #72
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
But you don't ahve Adrian's wherabouts pinpointed and according to the latest interpretation of the treaties, you have to had that done next week, Tuesday.
Is that not the day of reckoning, also?
Old 02-13-2009, 01:28 PM   #73
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Noosa Heads is right here:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Noosa+Heads

Of course you'll need to zoom out for an overall perspective.

Cheers,
Marc
You even a beach almost named after you nearby!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:33 PM   #74
GeoffC

almost is a long way off ......
Old 02-13-2009, 02:59 PM   #75
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Ducks, Geese, Goose, Goose

These photos taken this morning at New Westminster Quay on the Fraser River.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 02-16-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!, puppy!, quack up