Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-31-2010, 02:04 AM   #1
BBel
Enthusiast
BBel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo (white cos I like it better!)
Region restricted Oz looking for holiday read recommendations

So I'm going OS in less than a week, hoping my crazy toddler will let me read (he's barely letting me type right now, so it may be a long shot!!). Of course I'm in Australia so have the usual INCREDIBLY irritating regional restrictions.
Who can recommend something for me, I tend to do lighter stuff on holidays, mysteries, chick lit etc. rather than rushdie!
I've bought girl with the dragon tattoo as I haven't gotten on board the larsson juggernaut yet.
What else can you suggest?
BBel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:12 AM   #2
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
I got the Millenium Trilogy to read on the plane, and then had trouble working out which order they were in. Make sure you get that right. I also put "Shutter Island" on for the same trip, but haven't got around to reading it yet.

Why don't you try some Ozzies from Smashwords. I recently enjoyed Vicki Tylie's "Thin Blood", and I have her next book "Sleight Malice" on my TBR list. I also enjoyed Naomi Kramers "Dead(ish)" and "Maisy May".

Always better to load up with more than you need. You can always read them later. Good luck and have a great trip to Fraser Ialand (heheh )
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2010, 02:22 AM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
<snip>

Why don't you try some Ozzies from Smashwords. I recently enjoyed Vicki Tylie's "Thin Blood", and I have her next book "Sleight Malice" on my TBR list. I also enjoyed Naomi Kramers "Dead(ish)" and "Maisy May".

<snip>
I second these - Vicki Tylie's "Thin Blood" & Naomi Kramer's Dead(ish)" and "Maisy May I just finished "Thin Blood" and it was one of those reads you just couldn't put down. I have her "Sleight Malice" up next.

I'll have to think about other Aussie authors to suggest.

Last edited by dreams; 08-31-2010 at 05:26 AM. Reason: add links
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:33 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Hya Bbel:

Drop me an email and I'll send you a couple of recent Oz titles that should fit the bill -- non-DRM and in the format of your choice -- with our compliments.

Incidentally, because of georgraphical restrictions on ebooks and general difficulties with paperback availability Down Under, my own wee publishing house is opening a full-staffed Australian Bureau in October. So at least for our own books, there'll never be problems caused by accident of location.

Very best. Neil (ntmarrATbewrite.net -- but use the @ sign, of course).
Attached Images

neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:01 AM   #5
BBel
Enthusiast

Thanks guys, have just downloaded Thin Blood and Sleight Malice - had never been to Smashwords before and wouldn't have foudn these without your recommendation - love helping authors!
Neil - will email you shortly - thanks!
Advert
Old 08-31-2010, 05:54 AM   #6
BBel
Enthusiast

btw I don't have to have Aussie authors, although I'm more than happy to read good Aussie authors, just books that are available to Oz purchasers