Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #1
Varley
Varley began at the beginning.

Device: Gen3
iBooks store vanishing categories ?

A couple of days ago when I browsed the iBooks store on the iPad it had a science fiction & fantasy link. Today that appears to have vanished and I have links for cookery, crime & thriller etc

How do I just get science fiction back ? Or is this Apples way of encouraging people to use kindle instead ?
Varley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:50 PM   #2
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
I had never even looked at the iBooks store before, so thanks for the motivation to at least look at it....

I still show the Sci-Fi and Fantasy in the Categories..... perhaps try again?

And, since Apple is nice enough to allow Kindle reader on the iPad, I am sure they would be fine with you using it....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2010, 03:07 PM   #3
Varley
Varley began at the beginning.

Device: Gen3
I guess the UK iBookstore is simply broken. If I search for the books by a science fiction author such as Neal Asher I can see his books are listed as being in the Science Fiction category, but theres no way of picking that category.
Varley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:34 PM   #4
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Ahhhh, you are in UK... I didn't know that. In that case I have no idea..... It would make no sense for them just to randomly drop a category, so there must be some kind of problem.....
Old 06-15-2010, 06:44 PM   #5
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
us book store still has sci-fi.. remember, you can scroll the category list. just touch it and flick up/down.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2010, 03:18 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You're right, there's something strange going on. Every book shows a category, but the actual list of categories doesn't contain many of those categories. "Humor" is another one missing from the list - a book will say that it's in category "Humor" but when you go to the list of categories, "Humor" isn't one of them.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:46 AM   #7
Tim_A
Tim_A began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad, PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
us book store still has sci-fi.. remember, you can scroll the category list. just touch it and flick up/down.
There are not enough categories in the UK list to scroll! Just 7 as of this morning. It really is dire.
Tim_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:13 AM   #8
Bremen Cole
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_A View Post
There are not enough categories in the UK list to scroll! Just 7 as of this morning. It really is dire.
Wow, that is lame. Is there any way to contact them and find out what is going on? Why would they remove several categories of books? Makes no sense............