Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-26-2009, 02:42 PM   #31
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I think calibre is going to have to support using an external SMTP server that you can point to, such as your ISP's or other SMTP server.
It does already.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:43 PM   #32
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
It does already.
I haven't looked at it yet. So you are saying it asks for your SMTP server address and username/password?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2009, 02:45 PM   #33
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmanuel View Post
I tried, of cource, but I get the following error:

Extracting application files...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/tmp/init.py", line 39, in <module>
File "ExtensionLoader_PyQt4_QtCore.py", line 12, in <module>
ImportError: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.8' not found (required by /usr/local/calibre/libglib-2.0.so.0)

the libraries you supply seem too recent as well....
Unfortunately, because of the large number of dependencies calibre has, supporting multiple versions of python gets very hairy very quickly.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:45 PM   #34
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I haven't looked at it yet. So you are saying it asks for your SMTP server address and username/password?

BOb
Yeah it does.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:50 PM   #35
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@Nate the great: I've uploaded a new windows build that uses blocking sockets. Hopefully that will fix your issue
Advert
Old 03-26-2009, 02:53 PM   #36
Emmanuel
Emmanuel began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Unfortunately, because of the large number of dependencies calibre has, supporting multiple versions of python gets very hairy very quickly.
but in this case, isnt the problem the version of libglib that you provide?
Emmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:53 PM   #37
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Here's what I get now:

Code:
C:\>calibre-smtp -vv debXXX@gmail.com XXX@kindle.com "test email"
connect: ('smtp-fw-9101.amazon.com.', 25)
connect: (25, 'smtp-fw-9101.amazon.com.')
reply: '554-smtp-fw-9101.amazon.com\r\n'
reply: '554 SBRS score too low: http://www.senderbase.org/\r\n'
reply: retcode (554); Msg: smtp-fw-9101.amazon.com
SBRS score too low: http://www.senderbase.org/
connect: smtp-fw-9101.amazon.com
send: 'ehlo DebXXX-PC.myhome.westell.com\r\n'
connect: ('smtp-fw-2101.amazon.com.', 25)
connect: (25, 'smtp-fw-2101.amazon.com.')
reply: '554-smtp-fw-2101.amazon.com\r\n'
reply: retcode (554); Msg: smtp-fw-2101.amazon.com
connect: smtp-fw-2101.amazon.com
connect: ('smtp-fw-4101.amazon.com.', 25)
connect: (25, 'smtp-fw-4101.amazon.com.')
reply: '554-smtp-fw-4101.amazon.com\r\n'
reply: retcode (554); Msg: smtp-fw-4101.amazon.com
connect: smtp-fw-4101.amazon.com
  File "smtp.py", line 67, in sendmail_direct
  File "smtplib.pyo", line 685, in sendmail
  File "smtplib.pyo", line 509, in ehlo_or_helo_if_needed
  File "smtplib.pyo", line 383, in ehlo
  File "smtplib.pyo", line 340, in getreply
SMTPServerDisconnected: Connection unexpectedly closed

File "smtp.py", line 239, in <module>
  File "smtp.py", line 216, in main
  File "smtp.py", line 81, in sendmail
  File "smtp.py", line 73, in sendmail_direct
IOError: Failed to send mail: SMTPServerDisconnected('Connection unexpectedly closed',)
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:12 PM   #38
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

looks like I was wrong about amazon, they do filter based on what machine the email is coming from.

OK use the following command to send via your gmail account

Code:
calibre-smtp -r smtp.gmail.com --port 587 --username whatever@gmail.com --password whatever -vv whatever@gmail.com to@address "test email"
Old 03-26-2009, 03:15 PM   #39
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmanuel View Post
but in this case, isnt the problem the version of libglib that you provide?
yeah but reverting glibc to an earlier version is an even bigger headache. Since glibc IIRC is forwards but not backwards compatible.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:20 PM   #40
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nothing happens. It just goes back to the c prompt.

Code:
C:\>calibre -r smtp.gmail.com --port 587 --username debXXX@gmail.com --password XXX -vv debXXX@gmail.com XXX@kindle.com "test email"
Edit: The same nothing happens with port 465.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:29 PM   #41
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Yeah it does.
Cool beans!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:33 PM   #42
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

if it goes back to the command prompt it means the mail was sent,

EDIT: unless you specified the -vv option, which I see you did, so scratch that.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:35 PM   #43
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
if it goes back to the command prompt it means the mail was sent,

EDIT: unless you specified the -vv option, which I see you did, so scratch that.
Yeah, nothing has shown up on my Kindle. Should I do it again without the -vv?

Edit: I've now tried to send email from Calibre on 2 different Vista machines and one XP with no luck. For the first Vista machine attempt, I was using my AT&T broadband wireless card. One Vista and the XP machine were tested with my Verizon connection.

Last edited by daffy4u; 03-26-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:55 PM   #44
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I've made a couple of changes, and uploaded a new calibre build. Re-install and try the command line again (with -vv)
Old 03-26-2009, 04:06 PM   #45
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
I've made a couple of changes, and uploaded a new calibre build. Re-install and try the command line again (with -vv)
Still nada with both ports 587 and 465, just a command prompt.

I installed the new build on top of the previous. Should I totally remove it and start fresh?