Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 06-21-2007, 02:00 PM   #61
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm right handed and I hold the Reader with my left hand in a similar way. But I find it more comfortable to have the bottom edge not hitting my palm. And that makes my thumb higher then the buttons.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:10 PM   #62
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm right handed and I hold the Reader with my left hand in a similar way. But I find it more comfortable to have the bottom edge not hitting my palm. And that makes my thumb higher then the buttons.
Me too. Even a lefty has always turned pages with the right hand, it's the direction we read, why change that? You leave the right hand for taking notes?The two little buttons should have right side twins!

I really wish for a tiny remote pair of buttons with a magnet that we could reposition anywhere.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2007, 02:13 PM   #63
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
I really wish for a tiny remote pair of buttons with a magnet that we could reposition anywhere.
Not me, I'd lose 'em, first thing.

I like the rocker bar on the iLiad. It's easier than reading a paperback one-handed, anyway. Not as easy as the eBw 1150 was, though (you could swap the forward/back buttons or flip 180 degrees).

BTW, chimps are stronger than humans.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:30 PM   #64
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I've described elsewhere how I use a wrist lanyard to solve this for me before. Perhaps it might be helpful for you too, JSWolf?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:33 PM   #65
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Never found a big enough lanyard. The ones I have pirated from that collection of cameras are barely big enough to fit hands through.
Advert
Old 06-21-2007, 04:10 PM   #66
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I had similar problems too, I finally took one apart and resized it.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:38 AM   #67
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
A question re the new CyBook. I've seen people mention here a user-replacable battery. What makes people believe that this will be the case? The spec on the Bookeen web site simply says:

Quote:
Battery:
Rechargeable built-in Li-Polymer battery (800mAh)
8000 page flips battery life
I can find no mention of it being replaceable!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 05:46 AM   #68
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A question re the new CyBook. I've seen people mention here a user-replacable battery. What makes people believe that this will be the case? The spec on the Bookeen web site simply says:

I can find no mention of it being replaceable!
It's the "batteries included" sentence in the weight section

Weight:

6.13 ounces -174 g
battery included
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 06:21 AM   #69
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by athlonkmf View Post
It's the "batteries included" sentence in the weight section

Weight:

6.13 ounces -174 g
battery included
I rather suspect that's nothing more than a "hangover" from the specs of the previous CyBook, which did have a removeable battery. The fact that the spec says that the battery is "Built-in" makes me believe that it will not be user-replacable. We shall see.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:57 AM   #70
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A question re the new CyBook. I've seen people mention here a user-replacable battery. What makes people believe that this will be the case?
The STAReREAD has a removable battery, and it's Bookeen hardware. But you're right, other than that allusion to weight with battery, we don't have any specific statement that the battery is removable on this version. The two bits together are persuasive, but not conclusive.

I think Hadrien said he'd seen one of these units, maybe he noticed whether there was a battery hatch or not ...?
Old 06-23-2007, 11:02 AM   #71
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I'm going to order one as soon as Bookeen tell me that I can (I'm on their mailing list), so we'll see!
Old 06-23-2007, 11:20 AM   #72
NatCh
Gizmologist

We may see sooner, I think the NAEB folks are supposed to get their samples shortly.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:01 PM   #73
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

NAEB? Sorry, that's an acronym I'm not familiar with.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:08 PM   #74
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

The group purchase people at BAEN books.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:41 PM   #75
NatCh
Gizmologist

Weeeell, they're not technically part of Baen, they just organized themselves on Baen's forum, since they were all hanging out there anyway.

Their website is here, and they have an MR thread with some discussion of their reader here.