Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-13-2015, 02:33 PM   #1
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Nightmode and reset without button

Method to activate the NightMode for readers without button of illumination . I used the fmon functions.

Instructions:
Spoiler:

-Connect the reader to the PC and copy to the root of the internal memory and the file nightmode.png.
-Disconnect safely and verifies that visualize the icon to complete when pressed (important that image be indexed) screen.
-Reconnect the reader and copy the file inside the KoboRoot.tgz on .kobo folder.
-Safely disconnect and wait for update and restart the reader.

To activate night mode, click the icon of the sun/moon (is normal view the image in full screen). You can now access to rest of menus of the reader. To return to normal mode, you press the icon.

Tested on Aura ONE and GloHD v.4.6.9995 and Aura H2O v.4.6.10075

Install at your own risk.

ATTENTION, VERY IMPORTANT:

After using the nightmode (either to activate or deactivate it) it is convenient to reset (basic reset) or turn off and on again the reader because the PC takes up to half a minute to recognize the reader when it is connected.
With the reset is done, works normally.

I have not programmed this application, I have simply integrated the applications into a single installation file. The installation is under your responsibility.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: rar kobo-nightmode-fmon.rar (35.0 KB, 934 views)

Last edited by surquizu; 11-24-2017 at 04:16 PM. Reason: last version
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:04 AM   #2
Partycrash00
Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Pocketbook Touch Lux, Pocketbook Ultra
Not working for me. Where should be icons be?
Partycrash00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 03:51 PM   #3
Erich Zann
Erich Zann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Erich Zann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Erich Zann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Erich Zann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Erich Zann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Erich Zann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Erich Zann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Erich Zann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Erich Zann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Erich Zann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Erich Zann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Nook Glowlight (2012), Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partycrash00 View Post
Not working for me. Where should be icons be?
Just tried, and it works fine with my Kobo H20 (firmware 3.16 + patch). This is how I proceed:

• First, copy the two PNG files in the root of your device. And only them. Disconnect the device, and you should see the two images files in the library. I simply opened both. At this point, you don't need the KoboRoot.tgz file on the device.

• Then, reconnect your device. Now you must copy the KoboRoot.tgz file into .kobo folder. Once done, you disconnect your device. Shut it down, restart it. And now if you click on the logo, you have the corresponding function. In other word, if you click on the night mode picture, your kobo should magically switch to the night mode.

I hope it'll help

And now the most important thing: a very big THANK YOU to surquizu
Erich Zann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 03:31 AM   #4
Partycrash00
Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Pocketbook Touch Lux, Pocketbook Ultra
Ah, ok. I was looking for a button in the top menu,... But the functionality is triggered by "reading the PNG books". Ok, so now that works for me, too.

Thanks surquizu
Partycrash00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 02:59 PM   #5
Thor
Thor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Thank you very much @surquizu for the solution! :-)

...and thanks to @Erich too for the easy installation instructions.

I tried it on my H2O and it works like a charm.
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:11 PM   #6
kleinenun
kleinenun has learned how to read e-bookskleinenun has learned how to read e-bookskleinenun has learned how to read e-bookskleinenun has learned how to read e-bookskleinenun has learned how to read e-bookskleinenun has learned how to read e-bookskleinenun has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thanks Surquizu
Thanks Erich

Works flawlessly on Glo HD
Oh btw, 3.15.0 (well, that's all I got for now in my region)
kleinenun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:17 PM   #7
anki
Connoisseur
anki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD | KSM9 | KoReader | Plato
On my h2o Reboot is working but Night mode will not working. How can i solve this problem?
anki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 01:58 PM   #8
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anki View Post
On my h2o Reboot is working but Night mode will not working. How can i solve this problem?
I checked. Works fine on my aura H2O with fw 3.15.0 and 3.16.0 Reinstalling again.
Old 07-01-2015, 03:50 AM   #9
anki
Connoisseur
anki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
I checked. Works fine on my aura H2O with fw 3.15.0 and 3.16.0 Reinstalling again.

Did you copied the pictures to .kobo folder? I have no idea why it is not working by me I am on 3.15.0
Old 07-01-2015, 12:29 PM   #10
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by anki View Post
Did you copied the pictures to .kobo folder? I have no idea why it is not working by me I am on 3.15.0
You must out the png on root, not .kobo directory. Also I advise to copy they and open in nickel before install KoboRoot.tgz to permit process the image by nickel.
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 02:02 AM   #11
the_Pan
Connoisseur
the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Forma, Pocketbook Era
Question

Nice Feature, but how to remove it?
the_Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 04:24 AM   #12
anki
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by boriar View Post
You must out the png on root, not .kobo directory. Also I advise to copy they and open in nickel before install KoboRoot.tgz to permit process the image by nickel.
it was already installed, how can i completely remove it? and then i will install it again.
Old 07-03-2015, 02:22 PM   #13
surquizu
Evangelist

Quote:
t was already installed, how can i completely remove it? and then i will install it again.
Quote:
Nice Feature, but how to remove it?
Simply deleting the files nightmode.png and reboot.png in root folder of the reader and delete the folder fmon in .kobo

If you have installed CoolReader or KOReader, don't delete the folder fmon, you only have to delete the files reboot.sh and nightmode.sh inside
Old 07-05-2015, 05:47 AM   #14
the_Pan
Connoisseur
the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Forma, Pocketbook Era
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
Simply deleting the files nightmode.png and reboot.png in root folder of the reader and delete the folder fmon in .kobo

If you have installed CoolReader or KOReader, don't delete the folder fmon, you only have to delete the files reboot.sh and nightmode.sh inside
the_Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:55 AM   #15
outlandos
Connoisseur
outlandos doesn't litteroutlandos doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Somehow when i copy both images to the root, and disconnect the device, i can only see the nightmode icon in the library, how come?

After installing the KoboRoot.tgz it actually showed up and works.

Last edited by outlandos; 07-13-2015 at 01:31 PM.
outlandos is offline   Reply With Quote