Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 02-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
Senior
Zealot
Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Vox
Unhappy A terrible thing happened

My good friend, my Vox decided it needed a factory reset to start and consequently it began back at day one and all my apps, Kindle books etc etc are gone. It did, of course, save all my Kobo books and original apps plus those that were part of Vox updates over the past year.

I suspect this means re-purchasing my business apps, the Kindle app and so on. I believe the problem occurred because I deleted the Google Drive from both my computer and the Vox as the Vox turned off immediately after I deleted that app.

There has to be a lesson here on having a backup on computer, I did not
Senior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
There should be no need to repurchase; Kobo's books are registered to the account you bought them with, and also, items bought through Google Play will also be registered to the eMail address you used.

You should have no issues reloading them....
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
Senior
Zealot
Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
There should be no need to repurchase; Kobo's books are registered to the account you bought them with, and also, items bought through Google Play will also be registered to the eMail address you used.

You should have no issues reloading them....
Thank you, I went to Google Play and was able to recover all my apps including the purchased ones. I only need to go to Kindle store and see if I have equal success

Thanks again

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-28-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Senior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #4
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
The odd time my Vox is reluctant to wake up when I press the power button. Usually several longer presses will do it. However, once I pressed too long too often and got a factory reset. Problem is that I still don't remember all the apps I had, so I had to wing it re-installing them.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote