Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-18-2012, 06:21 PM   #46
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Still sitting here at 6.2.1 .... /taps fingers impatiently ....
Same here and I'm NOT going to manually install, it's like asking for trouble as far as I'm concerned.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #47
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSp View Post
And recent Amazon changes are limiting mobile device Prime video to just the Fire. With my recent update to stock ICS on my Xoom tablet, I can no longer watch Prime videos through the browser (like the Fire problem noted earlier in this thread).

Dave
Amazon prime video works on my Android phone through the browser. I'm not sure about the Fire, it works in the browser, but I'm still at 6.2.1.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2012, 06:36 PM   #48
DaveSp
Enthusiast
DaveSp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Amazon prime video works on my Android phone through the browser. I'm not sure about the Fire, it works in the browser, but I'm still at 6.2.1.
Under 6.2.2, in the Silk browser when you hit the Watch Now button, the video no longer plays - you get a pop-up window saying you need to launch the Kindle Fire Video app (Flash is enabled). Using Dolphin, it launches but the video quality is poor and can get choppy. Video quality in the app is quite good.

Dave

Last edited by DaveSp; 01-18-2012 at 06:56 PM.
DaveSp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:40 PM   #49
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I've manually installed all of the updates. I have a slow Internet connection here and I like to control when a big download happens. I haven't noticed any changes with this one, but then again I don't use the Silk browser and I believe that is where you can see a couple of new things.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #50
ssahnan
Enthusiast
ssahnan is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle3g, kindle touch, kindle fire, kindle ipad 1 and 2, kindle iphon
Not noticing anything drastically different either but burritoroot 2 is already out on it was easy enuf to do again. Unless I did something wrong, the update did kill the android market for me as far as I could tell but a quick 10 minute root session did the trick and I got the market back. Root killer from the market brought back prime video functionality just as before as well. Mention it because when no one was noticing anything different, I figured it was a root block attempt.
ssahnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #51
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
My one updated after I hit the sync button.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #52
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Go here for Kindle Fire Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Same here and I'm NOT going to manually install, it's like asking for trouble as far as I'm concerned.
Go here for Kindle Fire Updates:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200790620

Instructions are given how to force an over the air update and how to manually download and install it.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:04 AM   #53
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Mine finally updated as I was carrying it downstairs this evening. I don't notice any big differences either, except for the Amazon Prime Video no-longer working in the browser. That's not something I ever used, so if it weren't for MR I probably never would have noticed.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:16 AM   #54
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by hn333 View Post
My one updated after I hit the sync button.
Mine did as well.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #55
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Same here though it took a few times to hit the sync I guess. The update button was greyed out and I just left the kf by its lonesome for awhile. When I went back and woke it up, the version read 6.2.2.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #56
drjpreston
Enthusiast
drjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 & Fire
Mine updated this morning by it's self. I don't see any early differences.
drjpreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:59 PM   #57
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
So far, this has been a really disappointing update. I can't understand why they even sent this one out.
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:11 PM   #58
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstarky View Post
So far, this has been a really disappointing update. I can't understand why they even sent this one out.
True I was hoping this update would make my Kindle fire Self Aware.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #59
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by hn333 View Post
True I was hoping this update would make my Kindle fire Self Aware.
I was hoping for a slider brightness control in the Kindle app. Amazon does not listen to me. They probably got my comments on ignore.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:25 PM   #60
hn333
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I was hoping for a slider brightness control in the Kindle app. Amazon does not listen to me. They probably got my comments on ignore.
Yes the fire really needs more sensitivity in the brightness control, it would be nice if they got that light sensor working also. Still hoping for the Self Aware update in future though.