Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-04-2010, 09:57 AM   #1
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
New Kindle smells weird

Does anyone else think that this kindle smells really weird? A lot of people are complaining about the smell of their covers, but I think it's the kindle. I didn't even buy one of those covers? It smells sort of like cleaning solution. Anyway, I'm just curious if I'm crazy or what.
lunixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
My Kindle doesn't have a nose, so it can't smell at all. ;-)

But, seriously, I don't notice an odd scent, and my nose is annoyingly sensitive.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2010, 10:02 AM   #3
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
My Kindle doesn't smell of anything but the charger+cable smelt like new car plastic for a few days.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:08 AM   #4
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiersten View Post
My Kindle doesn't smell of anything but the charger+cable smelt like new car plastic for a few days.
Maybe that's it. It was out on the porch for a few hours in the heat so that new plastic smell might have seeped into the device as well. I guess that will go away. Thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy!
lunixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:57 PM   #5
harryE123
Banned
harryE123 is on a distinguished road

Device: irex reader
that smell is all about the volatile toxics in plastic.
harryE123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2010, 11:49 PM   #6
Viseguy
Just a kid from Bklyn
Viseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi; Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Yes, the smell will go away. Just give it a few days.
Viseguy is offline   Reply With Quote