Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-07-2011, 10:51 AM   #1
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
OT: forum for iphone questions?

Hi guys, my VERIZON IPHONE has shipped and will hopefully be in my hands tomorrow. I am going to have questions about the various reader apps, but first I have more general questions about the iphone. Can anyone recommend forums like these, for iphone questions?

The most pressing issue I have to decide on, is whether to pay Verizon for phone insurance monthly, or buy a warranty from SquareTrade. I don't really know what the pros and cons are.

Thanks!
eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:44 PM   #2
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post

The most pressing issue I have to decide on, is whether to pay Verizon for phone insurance monthly, or buy a warranty from SquareTrade. I don't really know what the pros and cons are.

Thanks!
eP
Square Trade is a really good company. I have had one claim thru them for a phone and it was processed quickly. Also, if you cancel an insurance policy, you get your money (pro-rated) back. I found this out when I switched from my iPhone 3 to iPhone 4.
The one bad thing (if you think this is a bad thing), is that if you have a claim (such as a broken screen) you have to send the phone in for repairs. My college-age son almost had a panic attack at the thought of his phone being gone for at least 4-5 days LOL. Luckily for him, the Apple store was willing to replace his phone since he had never turned one in before.
So, I would recommend you consider the price difference and see if it is worth it to possibly not have the phone for a few days.

Mary
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2011, 09:55 AM   #3
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks! Yes, it would be a disaster to be without my phone for even a day, and I hadn't thought of that. I wonder if Verizon's insurance gives you a replacement phone while they fix yours. Or I could keep my old phone in case I ever need to turn it back on, I guess.

eP
Old 02-10-2011, 04:29 AM   #4
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Macrumors.com has a quite large and nice iPhone forum, with tons of experts.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:02 PM   #5
elemenoP
Wizard

thank you! Are they nice to newbies?

ps the price of the squaretrade warranty dropped again and I think I have to get it. It is quite a big difference ($84 now for squaretrade, $260 over 2 years for Verizon).

eP
Advert
Old 02-11-2011, 04:20 AM   #6
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
thank you! Are they nice to newbies?
Very much. The Apple community gets loads of new people each year.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote