Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 02:16 AM   #1
Dharmabum
Enthusiast
Dharmabum began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Paper White
WindowsError:[Error 123]

Trying to convert an epub to mobi. My OS is a Korean version of Windows XP. I'm guessing that's where the problem is.

Python function terminated unexpectedly
(123, 'The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect') (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 103, in main
File "site.py", line 85, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 99, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 24, in gui_convert
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 815, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 211, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\__init__.py", line 316, in __exit__
WindowsError: [Error 123] The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect: 'C:\\Documents and Settings\\com\\?? ??'

I assume it's looking for a file that has Korean characters. If that's the case, can you tell me what file it's looking for so I can rename it? Thanks in advance.
Dharmabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:32 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
its probably you username being korean that's causing the problems.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 05:46 PM   #3
Dharmabum
Enthusiast

I don't think that's it. User name was not in Korean. Changed it anyway just to see and still get the same error message.

Do you think it could be a problem with the Korean version of Windows xp displaying the Won symbol(₩) instead of a \? (looks like: C:₩Documents and Settings₩com)

In the "C:\Documents and Settings\com\" file there are two files with Korean names. The Desktop and the Start Menu. It won't let me change their names. So if it's trying to get to those it could be the problem.

The C:\Documents and Settings\com\Application Data\calibre file is there.

Anything else I can check?

Thanks.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:02 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Its definitely a path in korean chanracters related issue. Try setting the TEMP and TMP environment variables to point to a path that has no korean characters on your system
Old 08-23-2010, 06:50 PM   #5
Dharmabum
Enthusiast

Thanks for the quick response. I tried changing the Temp locations, but that didn't work. They were in an English location. ...Username\Local Settings or something like that.

But I got it to work. I figured the Desktop file being in Korean must be the problem. So I googled how to change the desktop location, downloaded the TweekUI power toy and moved my desktop to a Desktop folder instead of the 바탕 화면 folder. Success!

Thanks for your help walking me thru the trouble shooting and thanks for creating this great program.
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 07:52 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Glad you got it working