Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-25-2009, 01:43 PM   #1
Nicomej
Nicomej began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS 600
Sony Reader Touch Screen problem?

Hi everyone, it's always nice to find a great community like this one I would be very grateful if you could help me with my question!

I imported a Sony Reader Touch (I live in South America), a cool gadget. However, I began to notice an issue with the touch screen..I do not know if it's the prelude of a future problem, so I am a little concerned. In the lower left side of the screen suddenly appeared a dust-like dot, above the battery icon. It does not shine, it's just there, and when I turn pages and the screen gets black while changing the page, I can notice the 'contrast' produced by the dot. It's also noticeable when the device is off.

What do you think? Should I be concerned? I would like to ask Sony about it, but the device has not been launched in my country and so I doubt they have technical support for it.

Thanks in advance!!
Nicomej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 02:46 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It could well be dust. I have a similar speck of dust on my PRS-600, in the lower-right of the screen. It's between the touch layer and the inner screen, and casts a shadow on the eInk screen below it. I suspect it got there during manufacture. It know it's dust in my case because, if I tap the machine, it moves.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2009, 07:28 AM   #3
Nicomej
Nicomej began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS 600
Thanks for your answer! Yeah, it seems to be a speck of dust. It's exactly where you mention, between the layer and the screen, but it has to be firmly rooted because I tap the screen and the speck remains in the same spot. Thus, it seems that the speck cannot be removed by the user..that's a shame

Given that it does not affect the overall experience of reading (even if it distracts me from time to time), I will have to learn how to live with it, unless the issue gets worse (say, a boom of dust specks around the screen!), forcing me to look for Sony's support here (a scenario I do not want to live!). Thanks again!
Nicomej is offline   Reply With Quote