Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-25-2007, 02:35 AM   #1
mogui
eNigma
mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.

Device: HTC G1 Android FBReader
Free time travel books

RJ Rummel is a professor of political science. He has written six novels about a couple that travel back in time to chage history. It is called the Never Again series. The six novels are downloadable for free as PDFs. Enjoy!

Quote:
The six novels in this series are a what-if, alternative history. Two lovers are sent back in time to 1906 with modern weapons and 38 billion 1906 dollars. Their mission is to prevent the rise of fascism and communism, avert the major 20th Century wars, including World Wars I and II, and forestall such democides as those by Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot. -- RJ Rummel
mogui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 07:53 AM   #2
andyafro
Connoisseur
andyafro doesn't litterandyafro doesn't litter

Device: sony reader prs-500
are they any good?

they look old

or 80's like
andyafro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2007, 08:19 AM   #3
mogui
eNigma
mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.

They are time travel stories. Perhaps they will have been written soon.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:23 PM   #4
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I have a hard time seeing modern weapons being helpful in averting wars in the long term. The story line doesn't sound very plausible. I suppose if the characters or writing are good enough, they might still be worth reading, but I think I'd like more of a review first.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:30 PM   #5
mogui
eNigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I have a hard time seeing modern weapons being helpful in averting wars in the long term. The story line doesn't sound very plausible. I suppose if the characters or writing are good enough, they might still be worth reading, but I think I'd like more of a review first.
They are in my queue. I have reduced them to txt files. But I suspect you would do a better review. I have been following your Heinlein discussion.
Advert