Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 01:20 PM   #1966
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@seadad9903: It's not a tweak in the Calibre tweak sense, it's the full plugin, tweaked . Install it like you would any other plugin (manually).

And, yes, you absolutely need CM on FW 5.x, that's what does the actual heavy lifting .

Keep in mind that CM's support for FW 5.4.2 is partial right now (cf. the latest posts in the CM thread).
Old 01-26-2014, 01:27 PM   #1967
seadad9903
seadad9903 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle 3 (MIA), Kindle 4 (kidnapped), Kindle Fire HD
Do I need to convert the .gz file to something else? Calibre's plugin loader page has it grayed out?

OK, I think I have everything set up for CM.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:33 PM   #1968
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@seadad9903: Forget the patch, use the full plugin zip file.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:54 PM   #1969
seadad9903

ok, thanks!
Old 01-26-2014, 03:42 PM   #1970
seadad9903

@NiLuJe,

Thanks for the help! It didn't work the first couple of times I tried, and then I read the box that popped up after the collections were created and realized I had not imported from Calibre using CM. DUH. Lesson learned.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:11 PM   #1971
MrCaringi
Venezuelan
MrCaringi began at the beginning.

Device: PW2 (B0D4 Series)
Unhappy Last version

I have a PW2 5.4.2.1, I tried the 5.4.2 jailbreak and I got "JAILBREAK" message the first time I open the settings window. But I dont see it anymore, its ok?
What is the last version of the collection plugin? I test a version that doesnt worked.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:40 PM   #1972
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCaringi View Post
I have a PW2 5.4.2.1, I tried the 5.4.2 jailbreak and I got "JAILBREAK" message the first time I open the settings window. But I dont see it anymore, its ok?
What is the last version of the collection plugin? I test a version that doesnt worked.
Last version (that works with your version of Calibre) is displayed:
Prederences (icon): Get Plugins: <depends> for users WITH any version, Installed
This shows what you Have and the latest version available (for your Calibre)
Old 01-31-2014, 07:35 PM   #1973
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@MrCaringi: First: half of your query is wildly off-topic (off-subforum, even)

Short answers:
JB: yup, normal.
Plugin: here.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:49 AM   #1974
manawydan
Connoisseur
manawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toys

Device: none
Ah .. I am totally confused now.
I used Kindle Collections with Calibre and Kindle Keyboard.
Now I want to get the same results on Kindle PW2 (2.4.0).

I thought I must use the Collections Manager but then here is a patch for PW2 and Kindle Collections.
Which do I need now?

Can I run Kindle Collections + patch as I am used to on the PW2?
Do I have to use CM plus KC patch?
Old 02-16-2014, 01:29 AM   #1975
klaing
klaing began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
I have no issues with CM and Kindle Collections working on my new PW2 FW 5.4.2.1

It took me a while to realise that the CM view wasn't the view I was after and after some time scratching my head and wondering how this was supposed to look, I hit the Home button, sorted by Collections and lo and behold!!!!! There they were!!! Just like on my K3!!!

The only tiny, niggly thing I can't seem to get it to do is the collection that houses my current book doesn't go to the top of page one like it would on my K3. Can it do this, do you know?

Fabulous. Thank you so so much to everyone who develops, tests and reports!!
Old 02-16-2014, 01:33 AM   #1976
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaing View Post
The only tiny, niggly thing I can't seem to get it to do is the collection that houses my current book doesn't go to the top of page one like it would on my K3. Can it do this, do you know?
That would be sorting by recent.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:58 AM   #1977
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@klaing: Because the sorting algorithm is different than on the K3 (and that on the Touch).

Last time I checked (a good wile ago, so it might not hold true for the PW2), the only character that was useful for this kind of thing was the single quote ('). Try renaming your TBR/Reading collection so that it starts with a quote.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:13 PM   #1978
Shadoefax
Shadoefax began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3.4
ERROR: Import Kindle Collections

When going to Kindle Collections > Import Kindle collections into Calibre, I get the follow message in a popup dialog:

Quote:
calibre, version 1.24.0

ERROR: Import Kindle Collections: Unable to import Kindle collections into Calibre.
Create at least one custom column, using Preferences->Add your own column, from these types:
-- Text, column shown in the tag browser
-- Comma separated text, like tags
-- Long text, like comments
-- Yes/No
For example:
-- Lookup name: "importedkindlecollections"
-- Column heading: "Imported Kindle Collections"
-- Column type: "Comma separated text, like tags"
The "View report" button shows:
Quote:
Kindle Collections:
181 collections, 288 books found on the Kindle.
Is there something I need to do before I can use this plugin?
Old 02-19-2014, 10:19 PM   #1979
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Accordiing to the error message, you have not yet created a custom column to store your imported collections in, so there is nowhere to import them to.

Quote:
Create at least one custom column, using Preferences->Add your own column, from these types:
-- Comma separated text, like tags
Name it My Collections or whatever, and then tell the plugin to store collections there.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:20 AM   #1980
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Is there some reason the plug-in can't create a column on its own?
Closed Thread