Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 03-05-2009, 10:57 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
"Thank You" to all Members of MobileRead for help in controlling spam

Dear MobileRead members:

I'm one moderator here among many, but I want to personally say "thank you" to all the caring members of MobileRead who bring to our attention the spammers of the world. Without your efforts, spam would soon proliferate.

Speaking for myself, I know that the other moderators (including myself) are on top of the spam that bombards any successful site. I can tell you with certainty that it doesn't stay long; in fact, it's not unusual for the spam to be deleted within a few seconds of its initial posting! This is possible only because of your quick response to us when you see something suspicious.

Again, thank you for your efforts in making MobileRead a great site for wonderful ebook discussions.

Don
(moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:22 AM   #2
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
The thanks are really appreciated, my dear Dr Drib !

And I'm sending thanks the other way because you are indeed very fast in removing them spams.
The last one I wanted to report had disappeared from the time I clicked on New Posts to the time I saw the spam post.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2009, 11:35 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Thank you.

I'm just one person --

Many more moderators delete the spam before I even see it!

I know you've reported a LOT - I don't know how you find it so quick - and then someone usually beats me to it in deleting it.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:50 AM   #4
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Thank you.

I'm just one person --

Many more moderators delete the spam before I even see it!
You're right, I should have extended the thanks to all the moderators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I know you've reported a LOT - I don't know how you find it so quick - and then someone usually beats me to it in deleting it.

Don
When I'm bored at work, I usually refresh the "New Posts" list every few minutes.
And it happens often that I'm bored at work these days.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:33 AM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Clicking that spam button is oddly satisfying...
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2009, 08:37 AM   #6
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Exactly, like some sort of revenge for all the spam received on your email addresses.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:02 PM   #7
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
showing how good the system is, I've yet to see anything 'bad' ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:47 PM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Definitely a BIG THANK YOU to ALL the Moderators for removing the spam so quickly (and all the members who report it).

I'll admit that at first I would view the spam posts but just move on. I guess I just thought that someone else would notice it. After a while, I decided to stop being a sheep and
to become active in helping to keep this site friendly, helpful, and enjoyable.

AND... Yes, lilac_jive...
Quote:

and totally yes, Gaurnim....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
Exactly, like some sort of revenge for all the spam received on your email addresses.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I'll admit that at first I would view the spam posts but just move on. I guess I just thought that someone else would notice it.
That happens too. I (and others) have deleted many spam posts that no one had yet reported.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:09 PM   #10
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
i haven't seen any real spam here ever so somebody is doing a good job

doughnuts to everyone, reporters and cleaners
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:21 PM   #11
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

I hit the spam button earlier today
Old 03-08-2009, 01:22 AM   #12
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
So would you like glazed, sprinkles, or jelly?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:23 AM   #13
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

so that's what happened to my post ....
Old 03-08-2009, 09:32 AM   #14
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
So would you like glazed, sprinkles, or jelly?
I mostly prefer chocolate chip cookies
Old 03-08-2009, 09:32 AM   #15
GeoffC

Quote:
I mostly prefer chocolate chip cookies

you can have tooooo much of a goood thing ....