Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-12-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
Oldskool360
Oldskool360 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 360 Plus
somehow deleted my applications on 360+, anywhere to redownload?

I don't want to reflash just for this. I should have made a copy of the Rootfs when I first got it :/ I changed the applications folder to the games folder and somehow along the way the apps got deleted, along with the browser!! Does anyone just have a zip with the original apps from the 360+ in it?
Oldskool360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:23 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by violetdream View Post
I don't want to reflash just for this. I should have made a copy of the Rootfs when I first got it :/ I changed the applications folder to the games folder and somehow along the way the apps got deleted, along with the browser!! Does anyone just have a zip with the original apps from the 360+ in it?
I can't help you with the applications, but I can tell you that the 90x/60x firmwares all automatically delete the games directory on bootup. It looks like the 360+ is doing the same thing now. So, don't put anything important into a games directory or it will continue to disappear.

Oh wait. My 902 has a copy of fsimage.tar.gz in the /ebrmain directory which has, among other things, the contents of the applications directory. If you can install the poterm application, then you can look for a similar file and unpack the applications directory from it using something like:
Code:
tar -zxf /ebrmain/fsimage.tar.gz applications
rkomar is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2011, 03:45 PM   #3
Oldskool360

Great!! Thanks for the tip, I used this app to do it: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ghlight=poterm
I found the right folder in /mnt/ext1/applications so I cded there first.

I haven't found out how to use POterm yet, it just wouldn't start for me. But in all honesty this is probably a better solution because I can't imagine doing that much typing on the actual device!!

My apps are back now, many thanks. But what in the world is the point of clearing the games dir like that?? The theme I'm using is looking in games, not applications, so I thought I'd just move them to there...is there any way to stop that?
Old 07-12-2011, 04:06 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by violetdream View Post
My apps are back now, many thanks. But what in the world is the point of clearing the games dir like that?? The theme I'm using is looking in games, not applications, so I thought I'd just move them to there...is there any way to stop that?
I don't know how to stop it, and I don't know why they automatically delete it. The "games" directory was where the applications were originally stored in the first firmware version for the Pro devices, but got switched to "applications" soon after. In the process, the "games" directory started being deleted for some reason. Only the "guys in Kiev" know why (although it sounds like a "solution" that a summer intern would come up with).
rkomar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:34 PM   #5
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Only the "guys in Kiev" know why (although it sounds like a "solution" that a summer intern would come up with).
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2011, 05:13 PM   #6
Oldskool360

Haha, summer intern...

If anyone is interested, my solution was to edit the theme as in the pocketbook theme thread to point to applications and not games. Some of the older themes point to games and that was my problem. My apps aren't disappearing anymore and I can access them all! This problem wasn't happening on the stock theme, btw.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:15 AM   #7
bouw2558
bouw2558 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus
Hi
I have the same problem. I have files in the application folder (they are all only 1kb) but no applications on the list (they were there yesterday).
I'm very new to this and don't understand what you did to fix it violetdream.
Can you post a step by step please?
I have 15.4 on my PB 360 plus.
bouw2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:44 PM   #8
bouw2558
bouw2558 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus
Fix from PocketBook

"save all the information from the internal memory, then go to "Settings"- "Maintenance" - "Format internal memory". If you still have some problems update your firmware to 15.4. with help of this link http://www.pocketbook-int.com/ru/sup...tbook-360-plus "

This brought back my apps but deleted pre-loaded Books and images - don't forget to backup first.
bouw2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #9
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouw2558 View Post
Fix from PocketBook

"save all the information from the internal memory, then go to "Settings"- "Maintenance" - "Format internal memory". If you still have some problems update your firmware to 15.4. with help of this link http://www.pocketbook-int.com/ru/sup...tbook-360-plus "

This brought back my apps but deleted pre-loaded Books and images - don't forget to backup first.
I tried this fix on my PB 360 Plus, and it worked until I changed the theme, then the apps were gone again. Does anyone have a permanent fix?
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote