Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-01-2012, 03:09 AM   #1
brad98408
brad98408 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Insert 113 ASIN and 501 CDEContentType when converting to mobi

Several people in other forums have been able to get their mobi ebooks downloaded from other sites to sync across various devices by converting them to MOBI in Calibre. I have not been able to do so. As I understand it the metadata must have a valid 113 ASIN and 501 CDEContentType = EBOK in order to sync to last page in Kindle. When I check the file after the Calibre conversion with the mobi2mobi software the metadata ASIN is a 36 characters (should be 10 I think) and there is no 501 CDEContent at all. I would like to get this to work as after a windows update mobi2mobi stopped on my Windows 7 desktop. Still works on my XP laptop. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.
brad98408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Are you checking the MOBI after either Send to device or Send to disk? The cdetype is added during this process (it isn't in Calibre's own copy of the MOBI).

There are several threads here about ASINs. So far as I know they are not the default, but it isn't supposed to matter for syncing. There is a MOBI Output option "Enable sharing" that effects the result though.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
brad98408

I am checking after the save to disk. I updated to the latest version and tried again but no luck. The 501 data is not being added. I doubled check and the enable sharing box is not checked.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #4
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad98408 View Post
Several people in other forums have been able to get their mobi ebooks downloaded from other sites to sync across various devices by converting them to MOBI in Calibre. I have not been able to do so. As I understand it the metadata must have a valid 113 ASIN and 501 CDEContentType = EBOK in order to sync to last page in Kindle. When I check the file after the Calibre conversion with the mobi2mobi software the metadata ASIN is a 36 characters (should be 10 I think) and there is no 501 CDEContent at all. I would like to get this to work as after a windows update mobi2mobi stopped on my Windows 7 desktop. Still works on my XP laptop. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.
What are the devices you are trying to sync with? If it is an iPhone it has to be put in a specific folder on the phone.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:56 AM   #5
brad98408

I am syncing Kindle, Kindle for PC, and Kindle for Anroid. Mobi2Mobi was working fine but apparently after a windows update it stopped running, hangs up.
Advert