Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-14-2012, 12:09 PM   #16
varnie
Connoisseur
varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Touch
I like the idea. It would be comfortably.
varnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:19 PM   #17
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
The reason there is a sub-forum for the Kindle Fire is because it's not really an e-reader, it's a pretty different beast to every other Kindle model.

Have a look at the other e-reader forums on this website - Sony, Kobo, Bookeen, look at any of them. They are all the same, they don't have different sub-forums for the different models, they make do with thread prefixes (I'm not sure why the Kindle forum is the exception?).

When this topic was raised recently I think the point was made that a lot of the questions asked relate to more than just the Kindle Touch, so there's no need for sub-forums, which is a fair point. I'd personally prefer there to be prefixes but I think having sub-forums for each and every model would just make it very splintered.

Oh and as for people not using the prefix, it'd hardly be the end of the world would it?! :-)
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #18
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglerner View Post
Drugs in excess may also kill...
In order to have all threads tagged, you'll need *someone* charged to do that, not feasible...
Not really. Whenever a mod happens to see such a thread, it's deleted; no matter how many posts it has. Rather simple.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:19 PM   #19
Zippity
Beginner
Zippity began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 (SWMBO) & Kindle Touch (Me)
1. The Kindle is probably the #1 ereader in the world.

2. The Kindle Touch WILL become the most popular in the Kindle range.

3. Not every forum reader is interested in the other makes/brands etc

so yes, a dedicated forum for the Kindle Touch is warranted.
Zippity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #20
zamana
Zealot
zamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindles: Touch, PW1, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
The reason there is a sub-forum for the Kindle Fire is because it's not really an e-reader, it's a pretty different beast to every other Kindle model.
(...)
I see your point. The Kindle Touch isn't a "different beast" as Fire is, but it is certainly taking a very different path from its predecessors.

Several features/hacks that worked on previous versions aren't working on Touch, so my proposal in order to create a sub-forum (or whatever you call it) specific for Touch.

At least it will be much easier to handle/manage to the forum's maintainers than a policy about tags in posts.
zamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2012, 06:05 AM   #21
human01
human01 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
hii

hi everybody.I have register to mobileread at the moment. I have bought kindle touch but I need to USA adress for register to amazona.please help me .Can you help me?
human01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:27 AM   #22
varnie
Connoisseur
varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Hello. I don't get it, why do you need USA address for that?
For example, I am not from USA, and have registered my Kindle Touch without any problems. I have non-USA address in the Amazon's profile settings. Could you describe your issue in more details, please?
varnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:36 AM   #23
zamana
Zealot
zamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfolded

Hi!

Please, don't highjack the thread: this thread is about the creation of a sub-forum for Kindle Touch.

Ask in the appropriate thread or create your own.

Thanks.
Regards.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:17 AM   #24
human01

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamana View Post
Hi!

Please, don't highjack the thread: this thread is about the creation of a sub-forum for Kindle Touch.

Thanks.
Regards.

hii, what is problem? I live in turkish and I am not register amazon and I want hep me about this topic.What is problem? I am not hihjack.Please misunderstand me!!! there is a problem in my register to amazon.ony I want to solve this problem... meantime Do you know (I want buy it) ıf is there useful multipal dictionary for Kindle touch?

Last edited by human01; 02-15-2012 at 07:33 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:57 AM   #25
LiamColcaSac
LiamColcaSac began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by human01 View Post
hii, what is problem? I live in turkish and I am not register amazon and I want hep me about this topic.What is problem? I am not hihjack.Please misunderstand me!!! there is a problem in my register to amazon.ony I want to solve this problem... meantime Do you know (I want buy it) ıf is there useful multipal dictionary for Kindle touch?
Hi human01, I guess what zamana is saying is that this post is created to discuss the creation of a sub forum dedicated for Kindle Touch. I understand that you are new on this forum. But it would be more appropriate if you just create a new post or search posts related to your issue.

This is to make sure that this post only discusses the same topic. Hope you'll find assistance on your concern.
LiamColcaSac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:51 AM   #26
human01

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamana View Post
Hi!

Thanks.
Regards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamColcaSac View Post
Hi human01, I guess what zamana is saying is that this post is created to discuss the creation of a sub forum dedicated for Kindle Touch. I understand that you are new on this forum. But it would be more appropriate if you just create a new post or search posts related to your issue.

This is to make sure that this post only discusses the same topic. Hope you'll find assistance on your concern.
thank you very much for your explanation.....
Old 02-18-2012, 07:23 PM   #27
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Just got a Touch for my 11 yr old. I have the Fire.
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:51 AM   #28
lebod
lebod began at the beginning.

First post, yay!

Got myself the touch last week and wouldn't mind it having it's own place here on the forum. It is difficult enough to sort through all the stuff about all the other versions!
lebod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:31 PM   #29
zamana
Zealot

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebod View Post
First post, yay!

Got myself the touch last week and wouldn't mind it having it's own place here on the forum. It is difficult enough to sort through all the stuff about all the other versions!
That's what I mean.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #30
DPella
DPella began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch
Glad to hear the Touch is so popular. Ordered one yesterday. Look forward to confabbing with y'all. I wouldn't mind having a dedicated forum - we gots the touch, huh
DPella is offline   Reply With Quote