Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-07-2009, 02:18 AM   #1
Grauheim
Enthusiast
Grauheim doesn't litterGrauheim doesn't litterGrauheim doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Opus; HTC TyTN II
Newb question for Opus

Sorry in advance for what is I am sure a frequent question. I was unable to find a clear answer, but no doubt this is due to poor searching on my part...

I finally found some time to try out Calibre. I find that it immediately solved one huge problem I've had with the Opus, which is that it has no margin on the screen, making many ebooks hard to read. Running the books through Calibre to add a margin turns out to be trivial. Thanks kovidgoyal!

Where I'm running into problems is that when I do a transfer to device, Calibre wants to put everything into a relatively flat folder structure (i.e., one folder per author.) Since the Opus doesn't have categories, I had hoped to be able to group the files into folders on the Opus, first by topic, then by author. Other than manually, is there any way of directing Calibre to transfer books to a particular folder on the Opus?

(Please note that I am not asking that question. I couldn't care less how Calibre represents files internally. I'm only talking about the layout used when the files are transferred to the device.)
Grauheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:52 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Soonish, maybe. The code is done it's just waiting for Kovid to review and merge it.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:05 AM   #3
Grauheim
Enthusiast

Thanks, user_none. Are you willing to give any hints on how this will appear to the user?
Old 10-07-2009, 07:10 AM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
The same way the save to disk structure option works. You have a number of metadata items that you can combine into a path and file name.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:18 AM   #5
Grauheim
Enthusiast

Wow, I didn't see that option before. Very nice! Given that it's an Opus and so appears as a volume on my desktop, I should be able to do what I want already just by using the save to disk feature. Thanks!
Old 10-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yeah I am somewhat swamped for the next couple of weeks, so only minor bug fixes are going to happen, but after that the refactoring of the driver susbsytem and the PDF engine will be my priorities.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote