Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-21-2007, 08:47 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Questions we wish we had asked before buying a Reader

Enter. I bid you welcome.
Let Mister Answer respond to all your Needless Concerns!

Q: I just purchased a novel for my Reader. How should I read it?
A: I like to start at the end of a book and work my way forward to the beginning.

Q: Can I read in the dark?
A: Absolutely. I always read in the dark and prefer no lights whatsoever. Don’t you?

Q: I have about 30 novels on my Reader. Will it weigh more?
A: Most assuredly. I always use a two-wheeler to cart my Reader around.

Q: Can it record?
A: No. Only CD players made in 1985 can record. Why would anyone want to record a book? You're pretty stupid, aren't you?!

Q: I’m single. What should I do?
A: Sell your Reader and get out of the house.

Q: How should I charge the Reader?
A: The Reader never needs to be charged. This is a design flaw that Sony is addressing.

Yes, Mister Answer is here for all your Needless Concerns.

hahhaah

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-21-2007 at 08:53 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:26 AM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Enter. I bid you welcome.
Let Mister Answer respond to all your Needless Concerns!

Q: How should I charge the Reader?
A: The Reader never needs to be charged. This is a design flaw that Sony is addressing.

Don
Not sure about Ohio, but here in Virginia we go to the police station and swear out a complaint for the crime of "time theft." "D
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2007, 11:31 AM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
You have _way_ too much time on your hands, Dr. Dribble.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:47 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I know. I can't find anything to read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
You have _way_ too much time on your hands, Dr. Dribble.
Seriously, I think it's because I'm reading a thorougly enjoyable novel...Robin Hobb's wonderful "The Mad Ship." (I'm not new to her work.)......and about 10 other novels all at the same time!

Don
Old 07-21-2007, 07:44 PM   #5
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Dear Dr. D, Mister Answer:

My wife says that I have to use a coaster under my drink or I can't put it down on the table. Now I'm not too handy with using the Sony Reader with one hand and drinking with the other hand. I gotta put something down to change the page.

Now the other day I left the room for a minute to answer the call, if you know what I mean, and when I came back she had put my drink on top of the screen and told me that the Sony was my new coaster. Its real hard to read even changing the font size around the bottle with it being brown and all and I'm not too sure that all the foam leaking down is doing the unit much good.

Do you have any suggestions as I don't want to buy a second one.

/s/
Distressed
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2007, 08:05 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

I see a solution for your difficulty

Dear Distressed:

Yes, I have heard of this problem before. Unfortunately, a Reader can sometimes be mistaken as a coaster.

I know of only one way to resolve the issue, but it takes a strong man and a strong marriage for this to work. With that in mind this is what I suggest:

Find yourself a mistress, bring her home and tell your wife that you were "confused." It’s important that you point out the analogy between your being confused about your mistress and your wife being confused about the Reader. If this works, please let our readers know; if not, do you have burial insurance?

I have no legal information I can give about divorce.

Sincerely,
Mister Answer
Old 07-24-2007, 08:51 AM   #7
mikolaj
mikolaj is on a distinguished road

Dear Mister Answer,

I have read the advice you gave to Distressed, and I am shocked that you mention being a strong man, but didn't say the most obvious!

Distressed - upgrade your wimpy drinking habits to the more transparent liquids. Instead of the size button you will be able to use the glass bottom for magnification.

Avoid ice cubes!!! They refract and will surely spoil your reading experience! If you really really must have it on the rocks, drive to the Museum of Modern Arts, it's not far from Virginia.
Skip the exhibitions (of course...) and go straight to the MoMaStore. There you will find a spherical ice tray. Spherical ice doesn't distort the letters.

Yours truly,

Aleck Smart
mikolaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:20 PM   #8
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I have read the advice given by both of you to Distressed ...

You have missed the obvious answer .

Dear Distressed ,
I suggest you buy yourself a glass-topped table .
You can then lay the reader upside down onto the table top .
Therefore you can read the book from underneath the table , whilst keeping the upper-most back of the reader as a coffee coaster .

Happy marriage saved , and hubby can continue to read his books - this time by lying on the ground and enjoying a well earned sleep in between page turns ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:05 PM   #9
Rocketime
Zealot
Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle/Nook Color/NST/Acer Iconica
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I have read the advice given by both of you to Distressed ...

You have missed the obvious answer .

Dear Distressed ,
I suggest you buy yourself a glass-topped table .
You can then lay the reader upside down onto the table top .
Therefore you can read the book from underneath the table , whilst keeping the upper-most back of the reader as a coffee coaster .

Happy marriage saved , and hubby can continue to read his books - this time by lying on the ground and enjoying a well earned sleep in between page turns ....
We have a winner.

I notice you're from Scotland. Would that be anywhere close to Scotland Yard?
Rocketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:57 AM   #10
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketime View Post
We have a winner.

I notice you're from Scotland. Would that be anywhere close to Scotland Yard?
Dear Rocketime .........

Huh ? !

We located that establishment to London when we had devolution .....
Old 03-27-2008, 04:59 AM   #11
Zabuton
Zabuton began at the beginning.

Device: BB8800/Sony PRS-505
My contribution to the FAQ

Q: Can it read PDF?
A: Yes. Can you read 1pt font?
Zabuton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:40 AM   #12
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple Ipad 3rd Generation
Quote:
Dear Rocketime .........

Huh ? !

We located that establishment to London when we had devolution .....
Ah yes London, where the people who own and run Scotland Live.
mjhudston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:17 AM   #13
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhudston View Post
Ah yes London, where the people who own and run Scotland Live.
Don't you mean Scotland - where the people who run London are from?
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:19 AM   #14
GeoffC

Q How large is your customer service department?
Q Do you maintain a blog with entries at regular intervals?
Q Do you value existing customers?

sorry, i'm just in a sinical mood this morning ....
Old 05-22-2009, 05:22 AM   #15
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Quote:
Q How large is your customer service department?
Q Do you maintain a blog with entries at regular intervals?
Q Do you value existing customers?

sorry, i'm just in a sinical mood this morning ....
And taking the thread title far too literally....
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote