Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-07-2010, 09:25 PM   #1
Greenkeeper
Connoisseur
Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hello from a Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author

Hello, my name is Steven Best. You may have seen me posting around Kindleboards lately under the handle Greenkeeper as well as various Amazon discussion forums and now I have found a new forum to lurk around on.

I am an indie author out of Texas looking to make a name for myself in the vast sea of online self-publishing. I work primarily in fantasy, from fairy tales to epics, though I mix in a little sci-fi and a touch of horror here and there. I have written two books and numerous short stories, some of which are now available on the internet in various forms.

In general I seek to spread the word about my work and learn from the wisdom of authors who are much better at this than I am. Seeing things from a reader's perspective is always helpful to. Anyway, just thought I'd say 'hi' before I set about hawking my wares.
Greenkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:33 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Welcome to mobileread. Make sure to stop by the writers corner here on this site where you can mingle with other writes as well

Do you have any links to your work?
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2010, 10:27 PM   #3
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:19 AM   #4
ArtWench
ArtWench began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2i
Hey there! Looking forward to hearing more about your work! Sounds right up my alley...
ArtWench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:18 AM   #5
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Hello Greenkeeper,

Welcome to this very nice place. You will be very happy to have joined in.
The first thing you want to do is to go here and read, and enjoy.

I like the expression "hawking my wares."

There is a special thread for this.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2010, 07:44 AM   #6
Greenkeeper
Connoisseur
Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Welcome to mobileread. Make sure to stop by the writers corner here on this site where you can mingle with other writes as well

Do you have any links to your work?
Well, since you asked...

Though I've been writing for several years now I only started bringing it online last month. I started a blog at http://sdbest.blogspot.com. I have a few short stories there, excerpts from novels that I have completed or that are still in-progress, and general news and such.

I also have one young adult fantasy currently on the market over at Smashwords and the Kindle store. I allow a 50% free sample for the Smashwords edition if anyone wants to check it out. I'm currently doing some final editing on the second book in the series and expect to have it out by the end of this month in ebook format.

I also have a sci-fi novella in the works, plans for a third installment in my fantasy series, and something else that might turn into another fantasy/horror novel. I like to keep fairly active on my blog so I invite you to check back every once in a while to see what is going on in my writing world.
Greenkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:48 AM   #7
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	bearbgwel.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	49459 to the forum, Greenkeeper.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:06 PM   #8
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi Greenkeeper and welcome to MR
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote