Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-15-2008, 12:37 PM   #1
daviddem
Connoisseur
daviddem doesn't litterdaviddem doesn't litterdaviddem doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Error when downloading from Fictionwise?

So I did my first shopping session on Fictionwise. I bought all the 100% MicroPay rebated ebooks in Mobipocket format. I paid, got them on my bookshelf and registered my Mobipocket PID. I then proceeded to download the books, and this went fine for three of them, but for the fourth, I am getting an error (actually from the mobipocket website rather than the Firctionwise one), saying "download is not authorized for the retailer".

So what!? I wrote to the Fictionwise support team and am awaiting a reply.

Anybody else experienced this problem?
daviddem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:08 PM   #2
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Yes I had that error a week or 2 ago. I have been impressed with Fictionwise service prior to this problem but there handling of my complaint this time has been very poor.

the problem cleared itself up after 3 days and I was able to download my books.

Hope you have a similar though speedier resolution than what I had. It took almost a week for Fictionwise to reply to my complaint, which was very politely worded and merely drew their attention to the problem. Their answer was to tell me all about pids, how they worked, what they where for and how to register them. This after I already have loads of books from them and have been buying from them for over a year. When I replied to their answer I was a bit irritated and told them so and that their service had been both tardy and less than helpful. They wrote back within 2 days asking if I had changed my pids and I told them I had not nor had I made any changes to my reader, download computer, account or anything else. That was 3 days ago and they have not replied since.

I am also finding the site painfully slow at the moment
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2008, 01:12 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It sounds like Mobipocket are having trouble that's filtering down to Fictionwise. That and/or the trouble that Fictionwise said they were having with Mobipocket has gotten worse.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:09 PM   #4
mgrunk
Zealot
mgrunk has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
I love fw and buy 90% of my books there - but the site is very slow lately - frustratingly. Hope the mobipocket issue is fixed soon - I feel your pain.
mgrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:20 PM   #5
daviddem
Connoisseur
daviddem doesn't litterdaviddem doesn't litterdaviddem doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1
The problem seems to have fixed itself. I just tried again and I could download the offending book.
daviddem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert