Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #22381
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Good ideas Deb, but after judiciously squirting ant poison in the visible but obviously nonfunctional areas, I’m pretty sure that any residual critters have since headed for the hills. And I wouldn’t feel right about opening the light tight packaging of the drum unit without paying for it.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #22382
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Good ideas Deb, but after judiciously squirting ant poison in the visible but obviously nonfunctional areas, I’m pretty sure that any residual critters have since headed for the hills. And I wouldn’t feel right about opening the light tight packaging of the drum unit without paying for it.
Oh, for sure! I meant with a clerks help, or something. Oh well -- good luck with it!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #22383
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Pencils. Never had any ants take up residence, nor an invasion of mice. Cheap to replace and you only have to worry about beavers chewing them up. Need multiple copies? Carbon paper.

I bought a couple of the 'Fisher Space Pens' figuring I'd need them if I ever became an astronaut but I guess I got too old, 'cuz they still haven't called me for the program.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:06 PM   #22384
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Pencils. Never had any ants take up residence, nor an invasion of mice. Cheap to replace and you only have to worry about beavers chewing them up. Need multiple copies? Carbon paper.

I bought a couple of the 'Fisher Space Pens' figuring I'd need them if I ever became an astronaut but I guess I got too old, 'cuz they still haven't called me for the program.

Stitchawl
Their loss.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:52 PM   #22385
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
Their loss.
I tried to tell them that. I watched every episode of 'Captain Video,' 'Captain Midnight,' 'Tom Corbett - Space Cadet,' and Buck Rogers, read Vern's "From the Earth to the Moon," saw Sean Connery in "Outlander," so I'm more than qualified, right? Maybe that was the problem... Overqualified.

Stitchawl
Advert
Old 04-08-2013, 11:45 PM   #22386
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I tried to tell them that. I watched every episode of 'Captain Video,' 'Captain Midnight,' 'Tom Corbett - Space Cadet,' and Buck Rogers, read Vern's "From the Earth to the Moon," saw Sean Connery in "Outlander," so I'm more than qualified, right? Maybe that was the problem... Overqualified.

Stitchawl
But are you sure you filled in all the right forms, and made the correct sacrifices to government officials?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:05 AM   #22387
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
But are you sure you filled in all the right forms, and made the correct sacrifices to government officials?
That was in America. Forms only get lost there.

Stitchawl
Old 04-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #22388
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Not sure about where you are, but multi-function printers are so cheap here that you'd be better off just buying a new one. They regain their money through the printer ink, which is ridiculously overpriced.
I think that's not as true as it once was because modern ink cartridges last so much longer than they did when computer printers first came on the market. I remember when ink cartridges lasted practically no time at all. These days you can go quite a while between cartridge changes.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #22389
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
This one is a wiz bang buggah with all the bells and whistles. It cost $400 at COSTCO and has a MSRP of nearly $600. I bought it mostly because consumable costs are much lower than the “Gillette” sales model ones, and expected to recover the high initial cost in much lower reoccurring costs.

Sigh, the attack of the killer ants blew that idea up!
Did you go for the new drum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I think that's not as true as it once was because modern ink cartridges last so much longer than they did when computer printers first came on the market. I remember when ink cartridges lasted practically no time at all. These days you can go quite a while between cartridge changes.
Well you can get a multi-function printer here for under £100 and even on the cheapest printer cartridges (Kodak) it still costs about a quarter of that for a black and colour pair, which maybe last a couple of months if you're lucky. So in under a year you have already spent more than the printer cost on ink, at least in my experience.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:32 AM   #22390
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Well you can get a multi-function printer here for under £100 and even on the cheapest printer cartridges (Kodak) it still costs about a quarter of that for a black and colour pair, which maybe last a couple of months if you're lucky. So in under a year you have already spent more than the printer cost on ink, at least in my experience.
My experience too. I spend over $70 on ink cartridges because of course I have to buy the black AND the colour or the stupid thing won't work at all. I don't see how not having any colour ink left has anything to do with printing a black and white page .
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:06 AM   #22391
Stitchawl
Opsimath

While not popular in Japan, or from what I remember, in the US either, refilling cartridges or using bulk tank external auxiliary ink supply is the norm in Malaysia and Thailand. You can purchase OEM ink so there is no problem with clogging (as happens with a lot of third party inks.) I used to buy archival ink in 500ml bottles at less than half the price of using replacement cartridges when I was selling prints. The archival inks are beaucoup expensive compared with regular ink, and when printing B4-sized prints, gets used up quickly. Adding on an external ink supply was the best way for me to go at the time. Setup similar to this.

Stitchawl
Old 04-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #22392
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Our family printer is a Brother multi-function (print/scan/fax) that my wife considers hers, which is just as well since it's a royal pain.

For most B&W printing I use my ancient HP Deskjet 540. The cartridges are extremely easy to refill, but they were designed before manufacturers started trying to engineer them to be difficult.

After almost 20 years my only gripe is that it only prints one page at a time -- the friction feed has lost its friction.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #22393
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Ugh, some cats just love sitting on the windowsill so much that they'll tear through any mini-blind you put in there way...
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #22394
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Ugh, some cats just love sitting on the windowsill so much that they'll tear through any mini-blind you put in there way...
Too true ... there are windows we now have to leave the blinds raised up [the height of a sitting cat] permanently! The loss of privacy is offset by the price of replacing the blinds ....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #22395
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Too true ... there are windows we now have to leave the blinds raised up [the height of a sitting cat] permanently! The loss of privacy is offset by the price of replacing the blinds ....
And God forbid you should open the window high enough for a cat to squeeze through or you'll be needing new screens as well!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness