Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-18-2009, 12:52 PM   #1
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Kindle DX Reviews

Amazon is notoriously tricksy when it comes to listening to any sort of the feedback on their Kindles. So I suggest we do something a bit different.

First - write a review on Amazon's site (these seem to get a bit more play). Be as honest as possible - critical and complimentary as needed.

Second - vote up other reviews that are also honestly critical (as opposed to ones that are flat 1's or 5's with people beaming sunshine up our collective butts)

Perhaps they'll give some thought to what shows up on their actual product pages. And there are a LOT of us MobileReaders... we can affect this easily if we all take a few minutes to at least vote up reviews.

Mine is here:
http://www.amazon.com/review/R24OY7A...cm_cr_rdp_perm

Any one else that writes one, please post a link to it as well.

Maybe if we're lucky we'll actually get a worthwhile firmware update.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:06 PM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Already commented on your review. If I get the time, I'll post a review of my own, but really, it would just be a repeat of most of what you had to say.

Although, I don't mind the keyboard so much, but that's such a minor quibble. I really think where Amazon fell flat on its face is with the PDF implementation (or lack thereof).
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 04:14 PM   #3
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Already commented on your review. If I get the time, I'll post a review of my own, but really, it would just be a repeat of most of what you had to say.

Although, I don't mind the keyboard so much, but that's such a minor quibble. I really think where Amazon fell flat on its face is with the PDF implementation (or lack thereof).
They will be more and more reviews coming out daily as people get their hands on them. But I do agree that its important for people considering buying Kindle equipment to have both cons and pros so they could make an informed purchase.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:25 PM   #4
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
That's a balanced one, I liked reading it a lot. Most reviews either make me feel a whole lot better about my purchase decision or plants doubts in my mind. I pretty much stopped reading reviews. Holding this beauty in my hand makes the final verdict simple.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:30 PM   #5
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Good review Gideon, fair and honest imo.

In the ideal world, Amazon PR and QA guys get some time to surf the net and check how their products are received, and ideally this forum would be number #1 on their list. The BEST corporate participation with forum communities that I've seen is some ISPs participating in forums, chatting to people. We should have an Amazon rep in these forums, if they were serious about customer feedback etc.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote