Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #181
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimasic View Post
I know this. But when we divide the XX byte by 16 and then multiply the result by 16, we'll got X0. It's the right thing we want to get, but not in the case of FF - we'll got F0 and the greyish background in screenshot. When we are solving the problem by mathematical, not the bitewise ops, we must add the "if - then" case for FF bytes. IMHO, XX bytes instead of X0 in the resulting file are not the problem at all, but our code is more simple, without if-then and math.floor.
True - the only native numeric type in a **standard** build of Lua is Double - - but that does not mean you need to load the math library.

Code:
core2quad ~ $ lua
Lua 5.1.4  Copyright (C) 1994-2008 Lua.org, PUC-Rio
> str = 'ABC'
> print (string.format ('%X', str:byte(2)))
> print (string.format ('%X', str:byte(2)/16))
> os.exit()
core2quad ~ $
Which certainly looks like a right-shift-4 to me.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #182
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3
@dimasic

To get what you want (i.e. overlap shading only in forward direction) in unireader.lua file, at the end of function UniReader: prevView(), add the line in red. Think of it as a thank you for Librerator installation instructions in Russian on the-ebook.org.

This is just a quick hack, not thoroughly tested, may cause some bugs... the usual disclaimer. Use at your own risk.

Code:
    pageno = pageno - 1

if self.pan_by_page then

Debug("two-column pan_by_page", self.pan_by_page)

self.globalzoom_mode = self.pan_by_page

end

end

self.show_overlap = 0

return pageno

end
@NuPogodi

Thank you for kindly informing me. However, I’m not particularly motivated to invest much of my time in further development. Librerator is made mainly to satisfy my own needs, I just shared it with the world. The few reactions I got/saw on the web were mostly negative, so I probably shouldn’t have bothered, but... whatever.

It does all I need it to do. I do get a warm and fuzzy feeling thinking that someone other than me might find it useful, but that’s about it . I’m not a developer, and don’t particularly enjoy spending hours writing and debugging code. I got a Kindle so I could read, and not so I can tinker with it. I tinkered with it because I wasn’t satisfied with the OOTB reading experience. Simple as that.

Regards,
Kai
Kai771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:15 AM   #183
dimasic
Enthusiast
dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 4NT
Oh, thank you! Now it works as it should.

Maybe my posts seem to be too expressive, as NuPogodi defends you. Sorry if so. I can't write in different manner since I can't speak English quite well.
dimasic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:05 AM   #184
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

@dimasic
No, now it works as you wanted it to work. It always worked as it should.

Regards,
Kai

Last edited by Kai771; 04-20-2013 at 03:08 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:24 AM   #185
playful
Mammal
playful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kindle DXG
Hi Kai,
Hope you're having a great week.
I've been using Librerator for over a month now, and I've read several PDF books on it. On a KindleDX, it's PDF heaven.

You've really hit it on the head and fixed the clumsy Kindle navigation. The shortcuts are amazing. The "Go to" to reach a certain page, the jump to x% of a document… Life is good.

The bookmark navigation mode (Alt + K/L) is terrific. With that, for a large PDF, we start to approximate some of the comforts of having the book in hand. You seem to have thought of nearly everything.

One tiny last feature that has been "missing" on the Kindle and that I'd like to bring your attention, in case it resonates. It's always seemed to me that bookmarks would be much more useful if you could manually give them a different name, e.g. "best fonts" for a page about fonts. Then when you look at all the bookmarks for a book, you know where to jump. Sometimes the bookmarks are already given useful names, sometimes not.

To give you a bit of feedback about how "real people" are using Librerator: so far, I'm using it for PDFs---and I'm assuming that is what you intended it for. (As I'm sure you know, the mobis don't seem to render quite as smoothly as on the Kindle software.) Typically, I'll pre-crop the documents in BRISS to save myself time while reading. (I've played with the cropping features in LIB, and find them very cool, but at this stage I find pre-processing in BRISS works best for me.) Then, while in Librerator, I'll occasionally zoom pages when the type is still too small.

Incidentally, I've mentioned Librerator in several places on my now ancient KindleDX tricks page, hope it brings a few users. Haven't updated the ebook in a long time. Will update the Librerator section as I get to know it better.

Really grateful for the outstanding software. Top notch!

Wishing you a beautiful day

playful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:44 AM   #186
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playful View Post
- - - -
Incidentally, I've mentioned Librerator in several places on my now ancient KindleDX tricks page, hope it brings a few users. Haven't updated the ebook in a long time. Will update the Librerator section as I get to know it better.

Really grateful for the outstanding software. Top notch!

Wishing you a beautiful day

You might want to mention the KUAL launcher and all of the KUAL button add-ins that are available for the DX/DXG and K3.

Also, KUBRICK to un-brick the K3 when things go really wrong.
(Sorry, that still does not support un-bricking a DX/DXG. As you advise at your site, it is best to go carefully with the DX/DXG with only very well tested add-ins.)
Old 05-02-2013, 07:25 AM   #187
Kai771
Just a Noob

@Playful

Hi Playful,

Thank you very much for your feedback. However, you're mistaken. All the features that you mention were not implemented by me, but by nice guys of KindlePDFViewer project, of which Librerator is a fork. (You can find a link to original project in the first post)

I agree with your suggestion, being able to name your bookmarks yourself sounds like a useful feature to have. The reason it is like it is now is that that's the way they were implemented in KindlePDFViewer, and since I don't use bookmarks much, I didn't bother with changing them. But, if I publish a new release, I'll try to add the option of naming bookmarks yourself.

Regards,
Kai
Old 05-02-2013, 03:25 PM   #188
vdp
Enthusiast
vdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai771 View Post
The few reactions I got/saw on the web were mostly negative, so I probably shouldn’t have bothered, but... whatever.
Don't know what those people whine about (nor do I care)...
Just wanted to say that Librerator is the only PDF reader I am using on my KDXG for the last few months and I am very satisfied with its performance.
Thank you for sharing your modifications!
vdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #189
playful
Mammal
playful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmos

Hi guys, thank you for replying.

@knc1,
Until you mentioned it I didn't know anything about KUAL, other than seeing the name here and there. In your mind, does KUAL offer things that could be particularly valuable for a DX/DXG user?

@Kai, thank you for providing that historical perspective on Librerator. Whenever I want to sing your praises, I'll also give a bow of gratitude to the kind KindlePDFViewer people, then.

@vdp,
Quote:
Just wanted to say that Librerator is the only PDF reader I am using on my KDXG for the last few months and I am very satisfied with its performance.
YES!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #190
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by playful View Post
Hi guys, thank you for replying.

@knc1,
Until you mentioned it I didn't know anything about KUAL, other than seeing the name here and there. In your mind, does KUAL offer things that could be particularly valuable for a DX/DXG user?

@Kai, thank you for providing that historical perspective on Librerator. Whenever I want to sing your praises, I'll also give a bow of gratitude to the kind KindlePDFViewer people, then.

@vdp,

YES!
Maybe -
Although probably more choices for your K3.

The KUAL project team is putting the information now scattered in the two KUAL threads here, into a structured Wiki where they are easier to find and discuss.
http://wiki.knetconnect.com/twiki/bi...uttons/WebHome

Currently just one big glob, but after about a week of editing, each button will have its own page with Catagories, Tags, Bug tracking, , , , ,
All those good things a Structured Wiki provides.
(Unless I wear out my keyboard before then.)
Old 05-08-2013, 01:01 AM   #191
playful
Mammal

Hi knc1, thank you for linking to the wiki.

Hi Kai,
I have a question about viewing images in Lib.
When I navigate to a folder that contains jpgs properly sized for my screen res (824x1200 on the DXG), I notice that the image opens beautifully, in full-screen (whereas the native Kindle image viewer always requires some fiddling). That's great!

Now, do you know if there is a way to navigate to the next image, without having to close the image then open the next one? The Next button doesn't work, and I am guessing that it is because the viewer considers the jpg to be the entire document (which it is), without a next page. In this context, it would be neat to have a key to go to the next document.
As a workaround, I suppose combining all the images into a PDF might work, but that would probably be heavier on the RAM if the folder has many images that must be included into the PDF.

Looking forward to your thoughts!

Loving Lib, looking for ways to use it even more.

Wishing you a fun day,
Old 05-08-2013, 04:51 AM   #192
Kai771
Just a Noob

@Playful

PicViewer is an incomplete work. It's more of a proof of concept, than a final solution. It considers jpg/jpeg file to be the whole document.

There is another solution. You can zip your jpg files. Then, instead with PicViewer, they will be opened with PDFReader (PicViewer and PDFReader are components of KPV/Librerator). You can use pg_fwd/pg_bck to go to next/previous picture inside the archive. And the rendering of jpg images is better. That's how I read manga on my K3.

When inside zip archive, KPV/Librerator will show png and gif files too. Only jpg/jpeg are shown with PicViewer.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Kai

Last edited by Kai771; 05-08-2013 at 04:56 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #193
playful
Mammal

Ah!… That's a great tip.
Thanks a bundle, Kai, I will give that a try.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #194
playful
Mammal

Yes, works beautifully!!!
Added to the (still very basic) Lib section on my DX page.

Thanks Kai.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #195
corrin18
corrin18 can extract oil from cheesecorrin18 can extract oil from cheesecorrin18 can extract oil from cheesecorrin18 can extract oil from cheesecorrin18 can extract oil from cheesecorrin18 can extract oil from cheesecorrin18 can extract oil from cheesecorrin18 can extract oil from cheese

I really like Liberator. Thanks so much.
However, one of the PDFs that I am viewing in Liberator on my Kindle 3 is really sluggish in the page turns. Sometimes it takes a full 10 seconds to render a page, making the document unreadable.
When I say "page turns" I mean moving from pdf-page to pdf page. Moving from kindle-screen to kindle-screen is mainly ok while still on the same pdf page, but transitioning to the next or previous pdf page takes an entirety.
The "Rendering..." message sometimes appears but sometimes the problem occurs and the message doesn't show.
The same pdf on KindlePDfViewer doesn't have the same problem (its ever so sluggish, but not problematically so).
I have Threading switched on for the document in Liberator.
The pdf in question is over 200 pages in length. Maybe this length is the problem?
Any advice appreciated.
I have included a link to the pdf in question.

[Link delete, copyright - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-12-2013 at 10:09 AM.
corrin18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, epub, fb2, pdf, reader