G:RSS-Web Creator
Fmstrat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, PW, Nexus 4,10
Arrow [WILL DEV] Send to Kindle Email from Web GUI

Hi,

I posted this thread not long ago:

[Request] Send to Kindle Email from Web GUI
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=202074

I've got experience developing in Python, and would be happy to add this feature into the Web GUI on the details page, however it seems the code for interacting with the Web GUI is in a compiled file in the pylib.zip file, which I believe means it can't be done in a plugin.

Any chance I can pitch in and add this as an official feature?

Thanks,
Ben
Fmstrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:57 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You are welcome to submit a patch. Note that there are many complications:

1) Which email address so you email to?
2) What happens if the preferred format for that email address is not available?
3) There needs to be some feedback to the user when the emailling succeeds/fails.

If you want to submit a patch, you should setup a development environment as described in the user manual under "setting up a development environment"
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #3
Fmstrat
G:RSS-Web Creator
Fmstrat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, PW, Nexus 4,10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You are welcome to submit a patch. Note that there are many complications:

1) Which email address so you email to?
2) What happens if the preferred format for that email address is not available?
3) There needs to be some feedback to the user when the emailling succeeds/fails.

If you want to submit a patch, you should setup a development environment as described in the user manual under "setting up a development environment"
Wow, I totally missed the dev environment part of the manual. Will do. I've rolled the ugliest PHP script ever that parses the metadata.db file so I can temporarily accomplish what I'm trying to do. I'll work on an official patch soon.

Thanks,
Ben
Fmstrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, web gui