Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-21-2011, 04:01 AM   #91
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh View Post
Thank you, Paola. I tried again. No. No matter what I do - I short-press or long-press the "down", it goes to the next page. If I short-press the right, it goes to next page too; long-press the right turns 10 pages forward. I tried to set the page buttons as scrolling up and down with either short press or long press. Neither way worked. I even tried to configure the FB2 key mapping because it has options for the joystick, hoping there was a bug. But even I set the long-press of down as "move down", in pdfviewer it goes to the next page.

BTW, in adobeview I only need to short press "down" to get the page scroll in zoom-in landscape mode. Do you need to long press to scroll pages?
jshzh, really do not know what to suggest - and yes, in adobeviewer only a short press is needed. Now this may be totally stupid, but have you tried in the opposite landscape mode (so that you would be pressing the other direction of the joystick to scroll down the page)?
At this stage I think you really need confirmation from somebody with a 602 to tell you it does work - Billi has a 902, and is a nice guy , so you can try and pm him.

One other thing I would try if I were you is to do a "clean state", and if that does not work either I'd try to reflash (or you can try re-flashing first): that did the trick for me with the wrong keyboard popping up. Stopped doing that after a clean state.

@Huyggy: glad it worked, so are you now on 2.1.2 second release candidate?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:47 AM   #92
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
At this stage I think you really need confirmation from somebody with a 602 to tell you it does work - Billi has a 902, and is a nice guy , so you can try and pm him.
I can only talk for the 902 but here it works. In AdobeReader and Pdfviewer you scroll in landscape mode by using joystick/navigation key. Pressing the forward/backward buttons brings you to the next or last read page. And I think you can't map these keys especially for scrolling in landscape mode, it must be a build-in function.

(Off-topic: not sure if I am nice but I am quite sure that I am a "she" and not a "he" )

Last edited by Billi; 10-21-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:33 PM   #93
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Quote:
jshzh, really do not know what to suggest - and yes, in adobeviewer only a short press is needed. Now this may be totally stupid, but have you tried in the opposite landscape mode (so that you would be pressing the other direction of the joystick to scroll down the page)?

One other thing I would try if I were you is to do a "clean state", and if that does not work either I'd try to reflash (or you can try re-flashing first): that did the trick for me with the wrong keyboard popping up. Stopped doing that after a clean state.

I did change the orientation of landscape! It didn't help. I also did a clean state. It didn't help. Now the "up" becomes "enlarge", the "down" does nothing and can't be configured.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:46 AM   #94
atango
Enthusiast
atango began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902pro
Quote:
well, unless the version for X02 models is different, you should see a "Web Browser" in the "applications", and that is the new webwrowser: can you see it?
I checked the Web Browser application, which is linked to Bookland app. I looked up the main memories with poterm. Bookland app is linked to the webbrowser app which is link brower with minimal function.

I guess, with some unknown reason, guys at Kiev decided not to include the aurora/midori browser in PB902. Sigh...
atango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:13 AM   #95
Huyggy
Zealot
Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Onyx Max 3 & Onyx Lumi 2
Okay, I've tried this update but as for me I prefer rolling back to the 2.0.6 version because of some problems:

-the comment panel: in a PDF, trying to highlight the text is not precise: you highlight the line just above or on the right...
-when you use the select button: there's some delay in the reactivity of the device: when you stop pressing the button, it's frequent the cursor continue going up or down, and you miss your goal.
-in a PDF, trying to open the dictionary makes the device freeze

I think I will wait for the complete version when it will be here.
Huyggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #96
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
(Off-topic: not sure if I am nice but I am quite sure that I am a "she" and not a "he" )
oops! but that explains why you are so nice

@Huyggy, @jshzh
I am really sorry, but I wonder whether there is some problem with the firmware then (it is beta after all), that seems to behave differently on different devices - as I said already, on mine after the first RC update the dictionary was not right, and annotations in the second RC are slower than with the previous version, while for other people it is faster. But I do not have the problems that Huyggy mentions.

@atango, again better to check with somebody with a 902, again with Billi who is soo nice to see whether she has the fully fledged broswer on her device.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:51 AM   #97
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
update:
I did the upgrade and the pdfviewer was working with one click in landscape mode.
I did a clean state, and now, it does what paola inform about a slight long press. At first , I thought that it do not work, and I try the slight long press and it work. I like better adobeviewer.
Quote:

skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #98
mparlam
mparlam began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook pro 903
I've just installed the 2.1.2 FW on a 903 and I've just seen a problem with pocketnews.

I've set up some rss adresses and pressed update all. This seems to have worked: I get the .hrss files in the "news" directory, but I can't open them! Clicking in "read recent news" button the screen just blink but does not show anything...

Can anyone help me?

Last edited by mparlam; 10-28-2011 at 03:05 PM.
mparlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:36 AM   #99
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocep View Post
Someone who already upgraded to the new FW can tell if highlights and hand writings are lost after the upgrade?
As Kacir and others (rightly) criticised that Pocketbook is giving informations only in the German part this time: we had a thread about this topic in the German part where a user complained about losing all his notes..

Yes, you will lose your notes and bookmarks after the upgrade but you only lose the path to the notes, not the notes itselves (physically). You can roll back to 2.06, make a backup and then install again to 2.12. Of course, best is to backup before upgrading.
And any misfortunes/mistakes that happen while upgrading fall under warranty, your device will be repaired without costs.

Link to this thread for those interested in the original:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=154578
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote