Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-16-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
fishman69
Enthusiast
fishman69 began at the beginning.

Device: Sonys - 500, 505, 900, T1; Kindles - 2, 3; Nook - Touch
Random nits...

That ON-OFF button is difficult to manipulate with my fat fingers. I never had a problem with the slide switch on previous Sony Readers.

Why, oh why, does not the support site have the manual in PDF format? I like to print a manual and be able to reference it on the desk.

Why can't I set a sticky global value for the type size on the T1? I can do that on the Kindle and the Nook Touch and I think I was able to do it on previous Sonys. But now I have to adjust the type size every time I start a new book. PAIN!!!

Harvey

Last edited by fishman69; 10-16-2011 at 06:24 PM.
fishman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
log
log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Regarding the manual, it's available now on the Sony support site.

On the fonts, you can change the size on Settings..Application Preferences...Books / Periodicals menu from the home screen.
log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:44 PM   #3
fishman69
Enthusiast

THANKS about the type size!!! I totally missed that (one of the reasons that I want a printable manual. ;-))

But the manual on the Sony support site is NOT a printable one; you can only read it there. Which has the same limitations as the manual on the reader itself.

Harvey
Old 10-16-2011, 07:35 PM   #4
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Are we talking about the user manual? There was a link in this forum for the manual in epub format. If you open that file in Sigil, you can print it or if you open it in ADE you can print it from there as well.

I can't remember the thread that the manual was in, but it was in the last few days.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:42 PM   #5
fishman69
Enthusiast

All the previous Sony Readers had the manual available in PDF format on the Web support site. The PRS-T1 is strangely different in n0ot having that.

Harvey
Old 10-16-2011, 07:50 PM   #6
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman69 View Post
All the previous Sony Readers had the manual available in PDF format on the Web support site. The PRS-T1 is strangely different in n0ot having that.

Harvey
Go to this link:

http://esupport.sony.com/docs/reader...eng/index.html

There is a print button there. I just printed the manual.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:58 PM   #7
fishman69
Enthusiast

When I tried that, all that printed was that browser page; NOT the manual.

Harvey
Old 10-16-2011, 08:02 PM   #8
fishman69
Enthusiast

And I just tried it again and I got another copy of the single browser page; NOT the manual. ;-(

Harvey
Old 10-16-2011, 08:03 PM   #9
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
When I tried that, all that printed was that browser page; NOT the manual.

Harvey
Then you didn't press the proper print button. Not the print button on your browser. Look up again and you'll see it. It's right next to the search bar on the page.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:07 PM   #10
log
log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Are we talking about the user manual? There was a link in this forum for the manual in epub format. If you open that file in Sigil, you can print it or if you open it in ADE you can print it from there as well.

I can't remember the thread that the manual was in, but it was in the last few days.
here it is
log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:08 PM   #11
jersysman
Wizard

I had just found that link again log. Just had to make a Search of the forum
Old 10-16-2011, 08:14 PM   #12
fishman69
Enthusiast

That's the one I pressed and got the single page.

Harvey
Old 10-16-2011, 08:45 PM   #13
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
That's the one I pressed and got the single page.

Harvey
And so did I when I just tried it... Print button next to search = one page...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:00 PM   #14
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I don't need a T1 manual, but I thought I'd give the print button a shot.... For me it only printed the page it was on. If I was on the main page, it printed that. If I was on the contents page, it printed that. How very strange to not provide a PDF manual.

Someone who can get it to print an entire manual needs to save it as a PDF and post it somewhere.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:01 PM   #15
jersysman
Wizard

Have you tried the link that log put up? That's the straight epub of the manual. All you need is either ADE or Sigil to print it out.