Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 05-23-2003, 07:40 PM   #1
daught
Enthusiast
daught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it is

Lightbulb Mac OS 10.2 Users PDF to RTF conversion utility!

Greetings. I just stumbled across a neat Mac OS 10.2 utility for converting PDF documents to RTF! I haven't completed playing around with the demo. I haven't actually tried to get the converted document on my Palm yet. But so far I converted an 112KB PDF to a 24KB RTF. Since RTF is a standard format for WordSmith, this could be a great way to get PDFs to you handheld. Here's the URL:
http://www.metaobject.com/Products.html

They want $22 for it, and the demo puts all sorts of extra text crap on the pages, but I'm going to play around with it a bit more. Not being a Terminal-head I was frustrated by the difficulty using the Unix pdftohtml utility for converting PDF to HTML option to use with iSilo. I will report back when I finish playing. But I was so excited by the prospect that I wanted to post the discovery!

Gary
daught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 04:41 PM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
You can also read the resulting RTF file with Winword and export it to HTML. This way, you can read it with other readers beside WordSmith.

Just an idea. I am curious to hear how well Metaobject performs in converting PDF files.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2010, 09:43 PM   #3
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Yes, very good, dig up a seven year old thread in order to spam your overpriced product. Let's see how well that works out for you.

EDIT: It looks like the post I'm responding to is no more. Please move along, nothing to see here. Nothing to see here.

Last edited by frabjous; 11-27-2010 at 07:00 PM.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote