Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #16
frquixote
Addict
frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Libra 2, Kindle PW3, Samsung 8A Tablet, Samsung S10e Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by howyoudoin View Post
I understand there were 24 men in all who walked on the moon.
Not meaning to be argumentative, but there were only 12 who landed on the moon, two each on Apollos 11,12,14,15,16 and 17. Three remaining missions (18-20) were cancelled in favor of the Apollo-Soyuz program ... which turned out to be a real waste!
frquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #17
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
No problem. Thanks for the correction, mate.
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2012, 12:50 AM   #18
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by frquixote View Post
Not meaning to be argumentative, but there were only 12 who landed on the moon, two each on Apollos 11,12,14,15,16 and 17. Three remaining missions (18-20) were cancelled in favor of the Apollo-Soyuz program ... which turned out to be a real waste!
Yes 12 men walked on the moon. 24 men orbited the moon. I highly recommend HBO's From Earth to the Moon, which tells the story of these great men in a cinematic form.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:48 AM   #19
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
Hindustan times did a huge funny blunder there. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346392072.207709.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	91561
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:44 PM   #20
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryWes View Post
Yes 12 men walked on the moon. 24 men orbited the moon. I highly recommend HBO's From Earth to the Moon, which tells the story of these great men in a cinematic form.
I also love "The right Stuff" which was I think about the Gemini missions, I don't recall if it got into the Apollo missions. And Apollo 13 was a great move about that mission.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2012, 02:43 PM   #21
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
I still have the moon landing recorded on 8mm projection film. Stores sold short subjects in 8mm film such as this on their shelves in the "olden days", before the older media was replaced by video cassette tapes.

I have a commemorative drinking glass with that famous step onto the moon printed on its outside (in red, white and blue ink), which has only been displayed in a glass case, or wrapped and stored, since it was given to me as a gift back when that event happened.

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-31-2012 at 02:45 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #22
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I still have the moon landing recorded on 8mm projection film. Stores sold short subjects in 8mm film such as this on their shelves in the "olden days", before the older media was replaced by video cassette tapes.
My high school physics teacher had a VCR -- very unusual for 1969. It was a top-loader, about the size of a small suitcase, and (I think) it used 3/4 inch tape.

We saw reruns when we got back to school.

I went out for a night walk last Thursday, just under the (almost) full moon. I gave a nod to Neil.

(And I stopped at every curb in honor of Shadow, my German shepherd, who passed away last December.)
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote