Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-15-2011, 01:25 PM   #16
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
The upgrade to 6.1 is already here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200790620
Yes, I saw that last night! Thank you. Nice to see something so quickly.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:29 PM   #17
jswinden
Nameless Being

And it must be a significant upgrade as it goes from 6.0.0 to 6.1.0 rather than a minor upgrade that would have been 6.0.1. I looked at the upgrade page and it was somewhat confusing about magazines being added--I thought that was already there in 6.0.0. Maybe they upgraded the magazine feature rather than adding it?

At any rate I've downloaded 6.1.0 and will install after my Fire arrives. First however I want to see what the reading app looks like at 6.0.0 so I can see if 6.1.0 brought any upgrades to it too.

Last edited by jswinden; 11-15-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Advert
Old 11-15-2011, 01:31 PM   #18
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
And it must be a significant upgrade as it goes from 6.0.0 to 6.1.0 rather than a minor upgrade that would have been 6.0.1. I looked at the upgrade page and it was somewhat confusing about magazines being added--I thought that was already there in 6.0.0.
Yeah, I'm puzzled as well.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:38 PM   #19
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I decided to grab one from my local Best Buy today.
I contemplated that option a couple of days ago. But the two BB stores near me are both notorious for not knowing what they have in stock or where it might be stored. One of the stores used to have a really sharp manager in the Camera section (I bought several cameras there) who would help me out locating other items. But she long since wised up and moved to another job. Now both stores have morons and little else!
Old 11-15-2011, 01:42 PM   #20
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I contemplated that option a couple of days ago. But the two BB stores near me are both notorious for not knowing what they have in stock or where it might be stored. One of the stores used to have a really sharp manager in the Camera section (I bought several cameras there) who would help me out locating other items. But she long since wised up and moved to another job. Now both stores have morons and little else!
I know exactly what you're talking about. Luckily for me, mine is one of the better ones given the "off the beaten path" location and not too much foot traffic. It's well organized and you can always find someone to help. Service is excellent for a big box store and I've never had a problem with returns. I certainly would have went with Amazon in this case if it wasn't for the extended return period. I guess I'll get my Touch from BB as well.
Advert
Old 11-15-2011, 02:29 PM   #21
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I decided to grab one from my local Best Buy today. Just called and they're waiting on their FedEx delivery. Since this is the start of the holiday shopping season, you have until the end of January to return it with no restocking fee. This will give me a realistic timeframe to use it and make a decision to keep or not. I have some concerns about magazines. Seems it's not as good an experience as Barnes and Noble's. Also, maybe the device will get a few updates to improve some of the quirks and shortcomings before the return period ends.
Just install the Nook app on it. Some reviewer already has.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:30 PM   #22
SCION
Séduisant

I got mine!!! Will open later.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:34 PM   #23
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I got mine!!! Will open later.
Yay! Mine will be here tomorrow.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:42 PM   #24
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yay! Mine will be here tomorrow.
I can't believe I strutted to the checkout counter with a big grin on my face. I haven't felt that way about a gadget in quite a long time. Maybe this is the one that's finally worthy of an Oberon cover.