Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-17-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
trehuifa
trehuifa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question edit language as metatag, show as column

Dear Calibre users,

I just started to use Calibre with my new Kindle and the program is just perfect for management, conversion and keeping metatags clean. However, there is a small irritation that does not let me sleep.

I realised, the metatag "language" can be written only by using ebook-meta.exe. (am I right?) I am missing a "langauge" tag in the metadata dialog box for editing (keyboard e).

Currently, I have a hundred of books that would need to change their metatag language from default English to German (de). I found the only way to do so: Open the folder of the book (o), copy the filename and the folder name and paste it into a command-line window were the "ebook-meta.exe --la de" command is waiting. This is cumbersome.

I could not find a way how to display the path of an entry as a column. That would make copying the path/filename much easier. Thus editing the language metatag quicker.

Does anybody solved a similar problem, please? Thank you for you time reading and answering me.
trehuifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:34 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by trehuifa View Post
Dear Calibre users,

I just started to use Calibre with my new Kindle and the program is just perfect for management, conversion and keeping metatags clean. However, there is a small irritation that does not let me sleep.

I realised, the metatag "language" can be written only by using ebook-meta.exe. (am I right?) I am missing a "langauge" tag in the metadata dialog box for editing (keyboard e).

Currently, I have a hundred of books that would need to change their metatag language from default English to German (de). I found the only way to do so: Open the folder of the book (o), copy the filename and the folder name and paste it into a command-line window were the "ebook-meta.exe --la de" command is waiting. This is cumbersome.

I could not find a way how to display the path of an entry as a column. That would make copying the path/filename much easier. Thus editing the language metatag quicker.

Does anybody solved a similar problem, please? Thank you for you time reading and answering me.
I believe that Language metadata is a Work in progress (no GUI).

Once it is active, Selecting Multiple books and tapping "E" will bring up the Bulk-edit screen.
The same applies with a custom Column, but you need to switch to the Custom-metadata tab.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 04:33 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
From what I remember, Calibre defaults to writing the language tag of the current UI language.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:14 AM   #4
trehuifa

That is a smart feature for an uni-language reader. Although not much of use, when collecting ebooks in more than one language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
From what I remember, Calibre defaults to writing the language tag of the current UI language.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:18 AM   #5
trehuifa

Thumbs up

5+ to this feature. (can I vote for it somewhere? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I believe that Language metadata is a Work in progress (no GUI).
[snip]
Advert

Tags
dialog, language, metatag, path