Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 10-12-2012, 02:35 AM   #136
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
@Northguy

That's exactly what I intend to do.

@-Stranger-

I'm not sure to understand what you said.

You want that the epub downloaded contain updated metadata ? Is that it ?

If yes, it's been bugging me too so it's on my todo list also.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #137
trogdan
trogdan began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
Hi,

As stated in the README, COPS support opensearch (the standard way of doing search with opds feeds). It's working fine with Mantano (and Bluefire or Megareader if I remind correctly).

But many OPDS reader don't support correctly opensearch so I've added an invalid way (config item cops_generate_invalid_opds_stream) to make it work with Moon+Reader or FBReaderJ and certainly many other.
Excellent info, I missed this last time reading through the README. I'm a little familiar with the FBReaderJ source code, maybe I can push a change to their GitHub stream if there is a simple bug fix.
trogdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #138
bileam
bileam began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRTS-1
QNAP TS119P+

works perfectly nice on a QNAP TS119P+, 3.7.3 Build 20120801.

Thank You very much.

Alex
bileam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:14 AM   #139
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Originally Posted by trogdan View Post
Excellent info, I missed this last time reading through the README. I'm a little familiar with the FBReaderJ source code, maybe I can push a change to their GitHub stream if there is a simple bug fix.
Sure, I've created issue 70 on FBReaderJ Github (https://github.com/geometer/FBReaderJ/issues/70). I checked the sources and there is some code to handle opensearch in OpenSearchXMLReader.java. The code seems correct (by reading it) but search don't work. Unfortunately, I've no time to try to debug it.

I explained in the issue that it use to work perfectly fine before may.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #140
-Stranger-
-Stranger- began at the beginning.

Device: IPhone/iPad2/Sony PRS-T1/Sony PRS-950
Quote:
@Northguy
You want that the epub downloaded contain updated metadata ? Is that it ?
Right
Quote:
@Northguy
If yes, it's been bugging me too so it's on my todo list also.
Thanks a lot. I'll be waiting for...
-Stranger- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #141
vlad59
Addict

@Northguy

I've been thinking about the modification you made to allow epub download and I don't understand why it's needed when calibre directory is embedded in the web dir (./Data in the wiki page) : COPS should generate a straight link without fetch.php.

Can you explain a litttle ?

Maybe it would be best by mail (http://blog.slucas.fr/user/sebastien_lucas).

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:22 AM   #142
vlad59
Addict

COPS 0.2.2 is out with the following changes (First post to download) :

* Changed JQuery URL to https (thanks to Dan Greve for the patch)
* Added paging to both OPDS and HTML catalog (use new config item cops_max_item_per_page)
* lots of code refactoring
* Authors are now splitted by first letter, this is the new default. You can go back to the old way with the config item cops_author_split_first_letter (reported by Northguy)
* Fix the link to books starting by special characters (reported by vinpel)
* Upgrade to Fancyapps 2.1.0. I had to adapt the CSS so maybe it'll display better in PRS-T1
* Add an about box on the HTML catalog which show the current version

So a few bug fixes and some new things hopefully tested enough.

I'd like to have some feedback about the upgrade of fancyapps (which handle all the javascript popup). Does it fix problems with PRS-T1, does it change the render on Kindle .... Thanks in advance.

As usual the download link is in the first post.

Thanks to Northguy for being the first to write a page on Github wiki.

Happy testing.

Last edited by vlad59; 10-20-2012 at 01:26 AM.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:05 AM   #143
zeroday
zeroday began at the beginning.

Device: ipad-2
vlad59,
tested the new 0.2.2 compared to 0.2.1 within Stanza
here I have a problem
with the 0.2.1 I can download and open within Stanza and read the books
but with 0.2.2 I get a failed download as it gives back unknown file extension.
Difference with 0.2.1 is that the file is found and given (even in browser)
in 0.2.2 the file is found but is 0 bytes (even in browser)

ie /cops/fetch.php?id=10472&data=12348&type=epub will give in both versions the book but 0.2.2 it's 0 bytes and yet therefore undownloadable
zeroday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:13 AM   #144
vlad59
Addict

@zeroday

That's strange, I can't seem to replicate your problem with my catalog or cops-demo.slucas.fr.

Can you check your logs ?

As there was no modification in fetch.php for a few months it seems strange that reverting to 0.2.1 fix your problem. Are you sure you didn't do any modification in your 0.2.1 installation.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:59 AM   #145
vlad59
Addict

@all Synology NAS users

I spent a little time this afternoon to test COPS on my DS210J and i went really fine without the need to change any line of code.

Calibre database inside the webdir

I followed the wiki page to the fifth point

In my case my calibre database is : \\diskstation\web\cops\feedbook\metadata.db

COPS is installed in \\diskstation\web\cops

In config_local.php I only changed :
Code:
$config['calibre_directory'] = './feedbook/';
$config['calibre_internal_directory'] = './feedbook/';
And everything was working fine (including book download)

Calibre database outside the webdir

I choose to install in a shared folder named "logiciel" and the full path is :

/volume1/logiciel/feedbook

I had to go to Control Panel -> Web Services -> Web Applications and Customise PHP open_base_dir to add :

Code:
:/volume1/logiciel/feedbook/
And then edit config_local.php to change :
Code:
$config['calibre_directory'] = '/volume1/logiciel/feedbook/';
$config['calibre_internal_directory'] = '/volume1/logiciel/feedbook/'; 
$config['cops_x_accel_redirect'] = "X-Sendfile";
And again everything was working fine (including book download).

Please confirm

I would be very pleased if some people could test it. That way the wiki could be updated quickly.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:23 AM   #146
zeroday

Quote:
@zeroday

That's strange, I can't seem to replicate your problem with my catalog or cops-demo.slucas.fr.

Can you check your logs ?

As there was no modification in fetch.php for a few months it seems strange that reverting to 0.2.1 fix your problem. Are you sure you didn't do any modification in your 0.2.1 installation.
the problem with the logs is that the URL what it is accessing are identical and giving no issue, the difference is that 0.2.1 gives me a file, the 0.2.2 a 0 bytes file . .
so somewhere or I have made a mistake in the config or somewhere there has been changed items which does not match my default ubuntu apache2 config
Old 10-22-2012, 10:31 AM   #147
jornica
jornica began at the beginning.

Device: none
@vlad59: It works for DSM 4.1-2650.

I followed the instructions, total duration about 10 minutes. The only issue was the URL.
<hostname>/cops/index.php

Last edited by jornica; 10-22-2012 at 10:46 AM.
jornica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:21 PM   #148
zeroday

@vlad59,
finally found it ..
I remembered that the 0.2.1 was installed with the help of some config found at http://www.tonido.com/forum
I removed my previous git cloned it again and started over ..
in the end I still got an error 404
File does not exist: /var/www/home, referer: http://nblinux.local/cops2/index.php?page=3&id=4425
indeed cops is totally outside /var/ww/ cause it is in /usr/local/src/cops2 and there is an alias in the httpd.conf

than I remembered that I needed to have a change in fetch.php to have the content actually downloaded

this line:
// header ($config['cops_x_accel_redirect'] . ": " . $config['calibre_internal_directory'] . $file);

was changed into:
readfile($config['calibre_internal_directory'] . $file);

And than .. I have the ability to download and read the epub stuff..

maybe this is usefull
Old 10-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #149
dvanzandt
dvanzandt began at the beginning.

Device: Toshiba Thrive
vlad59;2273251]@all Synology NAS users

I spent a little time this afternoon to test COPS on my DS210J and i went really fine without the need to change any line of code.
---------
Inside and outside worked fine with DSM 4.0-2228 and DSM 4.1.2647.

Took about 20 minutes to get both inside/outside configurations to work - except for the hour or so it took to run down a case error in a path.<g>

The only thing different so far is that I cannot open a pdf in a browser from outside the web directory, but I assume I will find out why soon.

Great stuff!
dvanzandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:33 AM   #150
Northguy
Northguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
@Vlad:

Sorry for the late reply. I was kind of busy with other stuff like work, family, etc

I Tested the new version with your suggestions. On my Synology DS212+ (DSM 4.0-2198)

Open_Base_Dir:
Good suggestion. I removed my mount point and I can access the database outside the webroot without problems. I get a list of books and I can zoom into the metadata for details.

With respect to downloading I have less good results. My findings:
1) When requesting a list of books I get an overview with titles, accompanied with a cover photo on the left hand side.
2) When selecting the Photo to get a detailed view in the fancyapps I only get a window stating "The requested content cannot be loaded. Please try again later".
3) When fetching a fancybox for the book details, the stylesheet is still not working properly. Text is flowing outside the fancebox.
4) When fetching a book in the way suggested by you the PRS-T1 downloads "fetch.php itself in stead of the book.
5) When fetching a book through a regular browser (IE9 on Win7) I download the proper title "bookname.epub" but the file has a 0kb file size.

It surprises me that you manage to download files with X-Sendfile, because (to my limited knowledge) this package is not included in the standard Apache webserver of the Synology.

I'll try to figure out how to fix this. Basically when I can access the database through Open_Base_dir in stead of an external directory mounted in my webroot everything should be the same.

Regards,

Northguy

Last edited by Northguy; 10-26-2012 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Added DSM version
Northguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology