Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-20-2010, 02:46 PM   #1
EricLandes
Connoisseur
EricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle PW, Kobo Aura HD, Galaxy Note 10.1
Did sorting by title change in 7.19?

I'm looking at my library, and I've noticed that Calibre now seems to be paying attention to leading "A " and "The " when sorting by title. (i.e. "A Clash of Kings" sorted under A, not C and "The Atrocity Archives" under T.)

Is this a change in behavior that I hadn't noticed before? A setting somewhere? I'd really prefer it go back to ignoring those leading words.
EricLandes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:05 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
There was a bug in 0.7.19 for the first few hours of its life that changed both title and author_sort sorting. You must have downloaded that version.

Download it again, uninstall the one you have (library and preferences won't be deleted), and reinstall the newly-downloaded copy.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:08 PM   #3
EricLandes
Connoisseur
EricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle PW, Kobo Aura HD, Galaxy Note 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
There was a bug in 0.7.19 for the first few hours of its life that changed both title and author_sort sorting. You must have downloaded that version.
Yes, I freely admit to installing it nearly right away. Might have even been before the twitter announcement that it was available. I was actually using Calibre when it did a version check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Download it again, uninstall the one you have (library and preferences won't be deleted), and reinstall the newly-downloaded copy.
And that solved the problem. Thanks!

(Though, that does raise the interesting problem of there being two 0.7.19s out there. Not something I'd want happening very often.)
EricLandes is offline   Reply With Quote