Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-06-2010, 01:20 PM   #1
robkat
Connoisseur
robkat began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 300
Mac & Camera window.

Does anyone know why my Imac loads Camera Window when I connect my Kindle 3?
cheers
robkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:46 PM   #2
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
It is annoying but if you go in to the application Image Capture on your Mac when your Kindle is connected you can then set a preference so that it does nothing in the future.

I am on Snow Leopard, so I have to do it for each piece of image holding hardware I connect, I'm not sure about older software.

I've got a feeling there is a bit of applescript one can download which opens Image Capture automatically the first time you connect a fresh new image holding device so that you can set the preference more easily, but I cannot find it now.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert