Notices

Old 06-15-2010, 07:18 AM   #1
JvdW
Zealot
JvdW doesn't litterJvdW doesn't litter

Device: Palm T5, Sony PRS-505, Nook Color
Library using UNC path, PDF's not opening

Hi All,

Anybody else having problems with their library on a Windows server and using UNC paths that you can't open an PDF anymore using the View button?
This is using Calibre 0.7.2 and used to work in atleast 0.6.55 but switch last week to the .7 series and today I noticed that I can't view PDF anymore. Probably any format since it looks like the UNC path gets mangled when a viewer is started.
The following is a part of the log of procmon:
485 12:50:35,6582730 calibre.exe 496 FASTIO_NETWORK_QUERY_OPEN C:\srv01\Ebooks\Michele Dougherty (Editor)\Saturn from Cassini-Huygens (606)\Saturn from Cassini-Huygens - Michele Dougherty (Editor).pdf PATH NOT FOUND
The correct UNC path is:
\\srv01\Ebooks\.....

All other operations as adding books, editing metadata all work OK even conversion from said PDF to Epub works and also viewing the converted epub

Regards,

Joop
JvdW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:55 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre never had support for UNC paths, the fact that it worked in 0.6 was ana ccident. I'd suggest mapping to a drive.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2010, 03:56 AM   #3
JvdW
Zealot
JvdW doesn't litterJvdW doesn't litter

Device: Palm T5, Sony PRS-505, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibre never had support for UNC paths, the fact that it worked in 0.6 was ana ccident. I'd suggest mapping to a drive.
Drive mappings are nice but really a pain the ***. It would be nice if that accident did happen again
I'm even willing to maintain a seperate set of file(s) with that accident in it for our internal use, so if you know in what file this happens I'm very grateful for that piece of information,else I'll have to go looking for it myself.

Thanks in advance,

Joop
JvdW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:54 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Look for the function _launch_viewer and in particular the line

QDesktopServices.openUrl(QUrl.fromLocalFile(name))

IIRC it's in gui2/ui.py
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote