Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
KlausBreuer
KlausBreuer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Unhappy Interesting semi-crash - help?

Hi everybody!

I have the Kindle Touch 3G - very nice toy!
So, of course, I wanted to install my own screensavers - the current ones are not very impressive (wheee, pens!).
Thus I carefully followed the instructions of Yifan Lu, found here:
http://yifan.lu/p/kindle-touch-jailbreak/

Followed the instructions nicely and carefully (nope, no experimentation of any kind). And at the very last command ("Disable Diagnositics" and "To Continue") I got the error message "device_info.xml not found, check device settin" (rest cut off by screen).

And that's that. The system hung up in the "System Diags" screen. Managed to get it running again by holding the turn-on-button at the bottom for quite a while. Now I can run around in the Diags menu - which I carefully leave my fingers from.

All I really need is that darn "ENABLE_DIAGS" screen, together with the "data.tar.gz" file on the Kindle... but how would I do this?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Ciao,
Klaus
KlausBreuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #2
KlausBreuer
KlausBreuer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Okay, found a fix:

Quote:
At every reboot the kindle would go into the Kindle needs repair screen. The only way to prevent this was to connect my kindle to a computer so that it would go directly into the USB drive mode. After disconnecting, it would return to the main menu.
(Thanks, wolftail, in "[Kindle Touch] Firmware 5.1.0 and jailbreak")

Ciao,
Klaus

PS: Phew!
KlausBreuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert