Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-07-2009, 03:17 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Opus timings for Tommy

Jusy for Tommy's benefit, here are the ongoing results of my "how long does the Opus stay alive on a single battery charge" experiments.

It's been on for 45.5 hours now (started at 10:45 GMT on 5th Nov) and the battery meter is still showing 100%.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 04:16 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Mine lasted during one week, and the battery was not fully charged at first.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:34 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now at 70h (just under 3 days) and the meter is still at 100%.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:10 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

4 days (less 2h). Down to 70%.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:00 AM   #5
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Jusy for Tommy's benefit, here are the ongoing results of my "how long does the Opus stay alive on a single battery charge" experiments.

It's been on for 45.5 hours now (started at 10:45 GMT on 5th Nov) and the battery meter is still showing 100%.

That was common when I did the experiment with Gen 3.

Personally I think that the always on is the most interesting time to know but other people seems not to have the same usage pattern as me.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:01 AM   #6
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
4 days (less 2h). Down to 70%.
Ah, maybe the Opus will beat the Gen 3 with a day or so...
Old 11-09-2009, 09:21 AM   #7
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
My question is : How much do you read during that time ?
These last days my average was 4 hours a day (1 + 1 + 2), with only a start-up at the beginning of the day. And as I didn't want to find myself in the middle of a 1h30 trip without a reading, I played safety and recharged my Gen3 every 2 days !
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:34 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

This experiment is not using the Opus at all; just leaving it switched on, and moving the highlight around the library screen to update the battery gauge.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:56 AM   #9
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idoine View Post
My question is : How much do you read during that time ?
These last days my average was 4 hours a day (1 + 1 + 2), with only a start-up at the beginning of the day. And as I didn't want to find myself in the middle of a 1h30 trip without a reading, I played safety and recharged my Gen3 every 2 days !
I did this experiment for the Gen 3 and you get around 100 hours if you do not use it at all. So it will be interesting to see what the result is for the Opus.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:08 AM   #10
Idoine
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Quote:
This experiment is not using the Opus at all; just leaving it switched on, and moving the highlight around the library screen to update the battery gauge.
Ok, I thought it would be that way, too, just wanted to know for sure !

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I did this experiment for the Gen 3 and you get around 100 hours if you do not use it at all. So it will be interesting to see what the result is for the Opus.
By the way, I don't think I could make this experiment, I can't keep without a reading for the time it would take...
... Maybe I could try and read some of my TBR paperbooks, but I love the freedom to switch from one ebook to the other according to my mood...

Last edited by Idoine; 11-09-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:30 AM   #11
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idoine View Post
By the way, I don't think I could make this experiment, I can't keep without a reading for the time it would take...
HarryT does have other ebook readers....
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:20 AM   #12
Idoine

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
HarryT does have other ebook readers....
... Yeah... Happy Harry !
Old 11-09-2009, 11:54 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

102h now, and still OK. Battery gauge still shows 70%, but that's probably pretty meaningless, because I've never run the battery down before, so it won't be at all accurately calibrated. I'll try and check it every couple of hours from now on (other than while I'm asleep!).
Old 11-10-2009, 05:15 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

120h - 5 days. Gauge still at 70%.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:30 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Now just passed 6d (144h). Still at 70%.