Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-31-2009, 10:43 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Strange. You do have Word installed on your PC? BD uses Word for many of its format conversions.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:51 AM   #17
Floeee
Groupie
Floeee began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000s *returned* / Sony PRS-505 *returned* / Asus eee PC t91
yep i have the complete microsoft 2007 office suite

i want to read this pdf
http://www.cgarena.com/freestuff/ezine/aug09_issue.html
Floeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:56 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have you successfully used BD before? It has a slightly odd installation process - you need to first install BD 4, and then "overwrite" it with BD 5.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:59 AM   #19
Floeee
Groupie

no didnt use it before, but the installation worked fine for me
recognized the weird installation procedure
Old 08-31-2009, 03:55 PM   #20
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
calibre or pdflrfwin
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:21 PM   #21
Floeee
Groupie

calibre gives me the worst result

will try pdflrfwin
Old 08-31-2009, 04:35 PM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Calibre is a great program, but PDF conversion is not its strong point.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:04 PM   #23
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
The 600 has PDF zoom, which I think will make it much easier for me to read fixed PDFs on it.

It's going to be a toss up between the 505 and the 600. If the screen contrast is most important to you, get the 505, but recognize that the PDF support is not as good as on the 600. IMO.
Actually, the PDF zoom isn't too helpful. On iRex iLiad for example I define the zoom once and it's valid for the entire document. For Sony, it's on a single page basis.
So you nicely can zoom into a graphic for example. But if you'd like to eliminate margins for example, it's not valid for the entire book, just for the single page you've made it on.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote